EPC Project Manager - Hydropower - FRENCH GUIANA / French GuianaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|€80000 - €90000 per annum + Bonus, allowances, medical, car, fli
EPC Project Manager - Hydropower - FRENCH GUIANA
(French fluency is mandatory to be considered)
Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey as a Hydropower Project Manager in one of the most captivating destinations on Earth? We are thrilled to announce an exceptional opportunity to lead a ground-breaking venture in the heart of French Guiana, a region renowned for its lush rainforests, stunning biodiversity, and rich cultural heritage.
Client Summary: Committed to driving sustainable energy solutions, and our vision is to revolutionize the hydropower sector with innovative projects that foster environmental stewardship and empower local communities. With our unwavering dedication to excellence, we are seeking an exceptional Hydropower Project Manager to join our dynamic team and make a significant impact on the region's renewable energy landscape.
Project Type: 2.5 to 3 MW Run Of River Scheme
As the Hydropower Project Manager, you will be at the forefront of a transformative initiative, responsible for overseeing the entire project lifecycle - from conception to completion. Your exceptional leadership, technical expertise, and strategic vision will be pivotal in ensuring the successful execution of our ambitious hydropower venture in French Guiana.
- Lead the Project on the preparation phase (Pre NTP) including Site team definition, documentation review and validation, procurement of all equipment and subcontractors
- Manage the execution of hydro power plants throughout its life cycle within schedule, budget, and quality
- Always assure that the Works are executed considering (as a minimum) local communities and environment
- Achieve project completion on time, under budget and with the highest Quality and HSE standards
- Lead and take full responsibility on all Project controls processes: cost controls, contract management and scheduling
- Lead the project team members both within the function (engineering, procurement, construction teams, contract management, HSE) and external within company (finance, asset management, etc)
- Effectivilely commnicate all project stakeholder project progress and possible alternative plans to recuperate possible project deviations
- Direct interface with Client at project level
- Liaise with development and project finance teams to idntify possible conflict on execution because of their different areas of concren (permiting and funding)
- Identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact (always have a plan B)
- "No surprises" approach to project execution
- Management of the project contractual obligations
- Project reporting (internal and external)
- Establish cost report and KPIs for control of the project
- Compliance with company policies and procedures about HSE policy.
- Master's degree in Engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, etc.)
- Minimum 10 years' experience in execution of EPC projects (large civil works involved preferably roads, dams, hydropower plants) of medium to large size in remote areas
- Minimum 10 years project management experience with medium and large size projects (preferably in the energy sector)
- Master's degree in project management or PMP is a plus
- Have large experience into preparing and executing complex projects in remote areas worldwide
- Having experience in Contract, Risk and Procurement Management
- Deep knowledge on Project controls (cost controls, contract management and scheduling)
- Consolidated knowledge in planning software (Project, Primavera, etc.)
- Fluent in English, French and/or Portuguese advanced, other languages would be a plus
- Cost Control - Plan and prepare accurate project estimates. Establish cost report for control of projects
- HSE & Quality Management - Compliance with company policies and procedures. Implement lessons learned system.
- Leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to a changing environment
- Capability to lead diverse international teams located in different parts of the world
- Strong Customer and Business focus; Effective management of multiple stakeholders
- Creative problem solving for critical projects/ crisis situations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and negotiate successful solutions
- Ability to lead a network functionally and to work in a complex matrix organization
- Resilient under stressful conditions and adverse environmental
- Autonomous worker and team player.
Location: Maripa-Soula, in French Guiana
Langauge: French fluency is mandatory to be considered
Salary Package: 80,000n to 90,000 euros (CDI) + 20% Bonus + Company Car + Hardship Bonus