Financial Analyst / North Chicago
$35/HR with benefits provided
Hybrid position/ 2days remote, 3 days onsite
M-F 9am-5pm CST
North Chicago, IL
We are hiring a financial analyst to join our pharmaceutical manufacturing client located in north Chicago.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the company's organizational finance teams to administer a portfolio of in-bound and out-bound licensing arrangements. Such organizations primarily include the Commercial and Aesthetics finance teams but may also include Operations and Corporate.
The Financial Analyst role is highly visible as it executes the activities necessary to administer these arrangements with external licensors/licensees and works cross-functionally with Alliance Management, Legal, Treasury and Tax COE as needed to support day- to-day operations and ad-hoc requests.
Financial Analyst RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform month-end close activities to ensure global royalty income and expense are properly recorded including P&L review, variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
* Assist in the preparation of Alliance Accounting's quarterly balance sheet review by preparing relevant variance analysis and drafting meaningful commentary.
* Prepare global royalty rate analyses to support the Commercial planning process for global royalty expense across all planning cycles (Plan/Update/LBE/LRP).
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams as such as Alliance Management, Legal, Treasury and Tax COE to ensure licensing arrangements are appropriately implemented and administered in accordance with their terms and conditions.
* Operate independently to prepare periodic licensor reporting packages for royalty payments ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance with the terms and conditions of the licensing arrangement. Additionally, prepare milestone payment packages as needed to facilitate internal approvals.
* Ensure timely collection of royalty receivables and serve as the point of contact.
* Operate with a continuous improvement mindset and identify and implement solutions to optimize owned processes to drive speed, agility, and financial insights.
* Prepare ad-hoc analysis and participate on project teams as required.
* Alliance Accounting Finance Lead.
Financial Analyst EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 3+ years of progressive experience in Finance and/or Accounting
* Demonstrates strong teamwork and business partnership skills.
* Ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Ability to communicate clearly as well as influence through relaying complex data in simple terms.
* Solid understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
* Knowledge and proficiency in systems, particularly MS Excel, SAP, BPC, HFM, experience is a plus.
* Innovative with a continuous improvement mindset.
* Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Individual must be self- motivated, be able to work independently, and adjust priorities as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree B.S. or B.A. in Business (Business/Accounting/Finance).