Project Manager (Controls Improvement Projects) / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager (Controls Improvement Projects), based in Aberdeen.
* Internal: Pre-FID Manager, Execution Manager, Project Managers, Brownfield Modifications Manager, SCM, HSE&A, Production Operations Management.
* External: Incumbent EPC Contractor, Project Contractors, Engineering Consultancies.
* Responsible for the maturation of Controls Improvement Projects to tackle System Obsolescence across the company UK assets (Buzzard and Scott) within the company's International Stage Gate Process (CSGP) stages (Explore, Assess, Select, Define, Execute, Handover).
* The existing Control Systems on company's UK assets are suffering from various degrees of obsolescence and are more difficult to support year on year. As such these systems have become a greater Operational risk and pose a threat to the ongoing operation of the facilities.
* Supervise application of Risk/Opportunity Management and Management of Change processes, along with Management of change.
* ICSS systems back- ground. Preferrable to have knowledge of ABB, Honeywell and Yokogawa products.
* Manage technical studies and implementation of Upgrade or Replacement systems.
* Understand the key decision points, assess high level options and risk for different implementation strategies.
* Manage the preparation of key deliverables to satisfy CSGP process requirements.
* Collaborate with the Supply Chain to understand latest offerings and market intelligence to ensure cost and schedule opportunities are maximised.
* Conduct regular reviews of Project's Cost Estimate and Schedule with deviations occurring only by formal Management of Change process.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Control and Instrument background.
* TUV Certified FS Engineer / Expert and detailed knowledge of IEC-61511 lifecycle.
* Experience of managing ICSS vendors and project management.
* Prior experience in stage of Capital Projects within the Oil and Gas industry.
* Capability to identify, define and analyse complex development schemes in multidisciplinary environment.
* ICSS systems back-ground. Preferrable to have knowledge of ABB, Honeywell and Yokogawa products.
* Previous experience of Systems upgrades particularly on large Brownfield installations as Lead Engineer or Project Engineer.
* Thorough understanding of Project Management fundamentals, e.g., Cost, Planning, Risk and Change.
* Effective communicate skills to convey message to the highest level of the company's International Management and Co-Venturers.
* Experience in the development and management of Project Cost Estimates, Budgets and Planning.
* Experience with the implementation of Risk and Change Management Systems, Contracts, Procurement and QA/QC.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to communicate effectively across the stakeholders.
* The ability to build relationships, influence appropriately, lead and motivate staff.