Mechanical Technical Authority / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Technical Authority, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for improving equipment operability, availability, reliability, operational efficiency and provide technical infrastructure and polices to support onshore and offshore operations.
* Support Mechanical Team Lead in provision of Rotating and Mechanical Equipment Maintenance Engineering support functions within the Operations group, and ensure all legislative, safety and environmental requirements are addressed in a competent manner.
* Although mechanically biased the position is intended to have a cross discipline approach to Reliability Improvement throughout operations in the company.
* As required provide day-to-day operational and Mechanical Engineering support and expertise to the company's North Sea Assets for all non-Drilling Rotating and Static Mechanical Equipment.
* Responsible for ensuring Computerised Maintenance Management System is fully adopted functional and correctly and ensure offshore compliance with requirements.
* Ensure Safety Systems are designed, and function to support Safety Case WSE, SMS, Performance Standards and all legislative requirements.
* Assure change or modifications safeguard the integrity of the asset and risks continue to be controlled.
* Lead/carry out/participate in Incident Investigation/IRP, RCA/5 WHY, FMECA.
* Management of SCE equipment/systems.
* Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner to comply with the company and legislative requirements.
* Provide medium/long term input to Annual and LoF plans and budgets by way of obsolescence studies, optimisation opportunities and planning in support of the company's policies, plans and activities.
* Responsible for retaining function of systems and equipment.
* Ensure Operational Integrity is being maintained across all assets, and that risks resulting from activities/impaired equipment and systems are being managed.
* Ensure Performance Standards are kept up to date for SCEs, and that Assure Routines are appropriate and align with Performance Standards.
* Set spares holding philosophy in accordance with equipment lead time, condition, function, cost and LoF demands for all assigned areas.
* Use CMMS to carry out downtime reviews, identify bad actors' common mode failure, trend analysis, MTBF, MTTR, optimise PMR's and generate recommendations accordingly.
* Lead/carry out/participate in 5 WHY/RCA, FMECA, RCM/Maintenance Strategy Reviews, Reliability Improvement projects, CBM/CM Review, BOM Review, PMO, RRM, REM, LCC.
* Repair/replacement of equipment as required by business needs or equipment condition, where replacement (like-for-like activity with no significant design change or support requirements).
* Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
* Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical maintenance service providers. Participates in the final check-out of new installations.
* Capable of managing major intervention works offshore with multiple vendors (e.g. Turbine/compressor overhauls, etc).
* Manage and report on Mainfield Opex budget for Mechanical activities on assigned assets.
* Input and adhere to planning process and shutdown activities, review and advise on accuracy of 35/90 day Shutdown/LoF/Business Interruption & LoF plans, as required.
* Undertake role of Maintenance TA for assigned assets/areas of responsibility and deputise for Maintenance Team Lead as required.
* Development and upkeep Mechanical Maintenance Policies and Procedures to support offshore/ onshore activities and ensuring technical integrity is maintained.
* Provide Mechanical technical support guidance and decision making to other departments on all corporate matters, equipment design, selection and operation.
* Management of Contracts for Specialist or Support services in association with relevant Commercial Advisors.
* Set schedule and participate in CMMS, SHE, Technical, Themed and Vendor Audits.
* Conduct site visit/reports on key vendors.
* Attend offshore as technical expert to assist platform manage major interventions/ projects.
* Interface with HSE, DECC, Certifying Authorities as directed by Maintenance Superintendent.
* Prepare annual and LoF budget submissions for assigned assets in conjunction with Maintenance Team Lead.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Ability to take the lead with people, processes, resource planning, and required business interventions
* Methodical, systematic approach to activity development
* Ability to evaluate performance (process/people)
* Vendor and Contract Management
* Ability to be assertive and challenge where required, while maintaining strong relationships built on trust and confidence
* Supervision of offshore team
* Engineering degree or similar
* Attained/working towards Chartered Engineer status
* Relevant experience in Ops. and Maintenance Engineering