Drilling Accountant / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Drilling Accountant, based in Aberdeen.
* Tracking actual expenditure and allocating costs as required, working closely with the Wells Department and other areas of the Business to ensure expenditure is accounted for correctly.
* Understanding of advanced accounting functions including differentiation of tangible &
intangible / Capex & Opex costs; completion of well reconciliations; monthly£ reforecasting and reporting.
* Commitment reporting and analytical review/ challenge (actuals and VoWD).
* Ensure invoices are processed using the correct cost coding.
* Preparation of required paperwork for WBS creation in SAP ensuring correct accounting treatment.
* Play an integral role in any Partner led JV and Statutory Audit reviews
* Assist in the development of the Joint Venture Accounting Function covering multiple assets -- streamlining and standardising procedures wherever appropriate and engaging with other Accountants for knowledge sharing, cover and backup.
* Maintain account reconciliations assigned to the position according to the agreed schedule and in compliance with SOX requirements and manage to conclusion any outstanding issues.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree and qualified accountant of recognised body ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent with appropriate industry experience gained in a similar role.
* Excellent working knowledge of SAP is essential and experience using Wellview would be beneficial.
* Detailed technical knowledge of Exploration & Production accounting including Standard Operating Accounting Procedures in order to ensure asset expenditure is fair and equitable, company reimbursement is maximized, and JV audits are successful.
* Ability to challenge forecast assumptions and provide input based on actual expenditure, highlighting anomalies to the JV Accountant for the relevant asset.
* Knowledge of JV Accounting Standards.
* Attention to detail, analytical and logical mindset.
* Self-motivated and quick learner able to operate with minimal supervision.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Flexibility and ability to juggle several demands at once.
* Good Team Player.