Contract: Project Engineer / LouisianaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
- Promotes the concept of proactive safety and takes personal responsibility to communicate and cascade the Plant goal of zero injuries.
- Facilitates the preparation and control of project scope, justification, economic analysis, schedule and execution.
- Coordinates activities of the integrated project team generally including operations, maintenance, environmental, safety, plant management and the product line.
- Opens, manages and closes projects in SAP and periodically reports status to management.
- Assists with construction management and start-up as needed.
- Provides mechanical design support to plants as required including selection and procurement of engineering equipment and related services.
- Working with various plant organizations to identify and evaluate alternative solutions and opportunities.
- Reporting progress and forecasting costs on a regular basis.
- Presenting key projects to Plant Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, and or chemical engineering with 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Knowledge of industry design codes and practices, inherently safe design practices, process safety and a commitment to personnel safety are required.
- Experience managing multiple assignments, people and projects, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is an asset.
- The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and impart a positive attitude with developed interpersonal skills to resolve issues and challenges with other functional groups.
- This position requires a self-starter with above average presentation, planning, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- 5+ years of project management experience in the petrochemical industry
- Experience in the Plastics industry
- Experience with project development gate process is a plus.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2023