Contract: Senior Tax Advisor / South East London
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
|Location:||South East London|
The client, an oil and gas operator, require a Senior Tax Advisor to join the team on a contract basis.
Prepare/co-ordinate the taxation compliance and advice for companies in the UK group and assist in the provision of international tax support to head office. Review of tax compliance returns required by fiscal authorities and liaison with CT and PRT outsource service providers. Also, responsible for replying to HM Revenue and Customs correspondence, under the supervision of the Tax Manager
Key responsibilities cover the following areas:
- Liaise with the outsourced service provider, if any, to ensure the provision of tax information for tax returns submission.
- Supervision of PRT/CT/VAT return process and ensure the outsource service provider, if any, meets deadlines and provides returns in required format.
- Provide mentoring support to more junior members of the Tax department.
- To ensure compliance with both company and fiscal policies and procedures relating to taxation planning and reporting deadlines.
- Provision of advice to management regarding taxation matters as required with particular emphasis on tax planning
- Ensure that all available relief and allowances are obtained for PRT and CT in the most tax efficient manner.
- Preparation and technical input in response to HMRC corporate tax self-assessment (CTSA), PRT and Indirect Tax queries.
- Coordination with personnel, joint venture partners and taxation authorities, to ensure timely resolution of associated queries.
- Calculation of current and deferred taxes and preparation of tax journals.
- Reconciliation between tax figures according to the applicable Accounting Principles.
- To provide support to other teams within the department as required.
- Provide tax and commercial support to the Commercial and Portfolio Department and other departments as required.
- Provide assistance in respect of corporate optimisations and reorganisations.
- To perform ad hoc duties as required.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To prepare and reconcile Corporation Tax returns for allocated companies.
- To prepare final CT claims and surrenders.
- To review and determine action required for PRT decision notices, PRT assessments and loss determinations, CT assessments and indirect tax assessments.
- To provide support in ensuring that the optimum level of UK and non-UK tax is paid.
- To calculate, under the overall supervision of Tax Manager, current and deferred taxes according to UK Principles.
- To manage the timely calculation and booking of tax items according to Company’s and reporting requirements.
- To prepare journals for booking of tax items according to the Company’s and reporting requirements.
- To reconcile tax figures according to the applicable Accounting principles.
- To liaise with and provide data to/from the external service providers, where appointed, and work in co- operation with them to ensure the provision of timely and accurate information to assist with the preparation of UK and foreign tax returns.
- To calculate and follow up the year-end and half-year audit process for the issues relevant to taxes.
- To provide tax advisory support to the UK business unit, including in respect of M&A transactions, as requested by Tax the Manager.
- To have and to maintain good relationships with fiscal authorities.
- To represent the company on industry representative bodies as requested.
- To assist with corporate optimisation and reorganisation projects to optimise group cash flows and streamline the UK group.
- To ensure adherence to the Company’s Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures and standards.
- To fully comply with Code of Ethics and Law 231 principles.
INTERNAL (company, no reporting line):
- Reports directly to Tax Manager.
- Liaises with representatives from Legal, Commercial and Portfolio, Finance and Trading groups and other Departments as required.
EXTERNAL (external) :
- Company’s external auditors.
- Compliance outsource provider.
- External lawyers and tax consultants.
- Industry bodies and joint venture partners
- HM Revenue and Customs.
- University degree in Accountancy, Law or equivalent.
- Membership of CIOT is recommended.
- Good working knowledge of SAP, Excel, Word, OneSource (tax software).
- Previous relevant experience in a senior tax role within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Logical approach with good negotiating and problem solving skills
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2023