Tax Accountant / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Tax Accountant, based in Aberdeen.
* Assist the Tax manager where appropriate with project based M&A work including reviewing economic models, structuring work and review of Sale and Purchase Agreements.
* Assist the Tax manager with tax planning to ensure optimum utilisation of tax attributes across the group
* Other Ad hoc advisory for example, for contracts, decommissioning, finance, and economics departments.
* Prepare and maintain documentation to support the wider tax reporting obligations of the Group including Senior Accounting Officer and the Corporate Criminal Offence.
* Prepare the UK Corporate Tax returns of the UK Group for Tax Manager review
* Prepare the PRT returns for Tax Manager Review
* Other compliance including, for example, EITI Filings, EU Directive, Country by Country Reporting and Schedule 23 Data Holder return.
* Prepare the quarterly tax provisions of the Group and prepare tax disclosures
* Prepare statutory tax disclosures and provisions of the UK Group of companies
* Keep abreast of technical developments
* Keep abreast of developments and current issues by following industry wide bodies, for example, O&GUK and UKOITC and attend where required to
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree and qualified accountant and / or a member of the Institute of Taxation
* Requires detailed technical knowledge of Tax accounting
* Attention to detail, analytical and logical mindset
* Self-motivated and quick learner able to operate with minimal supervision
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to build networks and influence a broad range of professionals
* Commercial awareness and appreciation of the impact of accounting decisions on other aspects of the upstream business