Contract: QHSE Advisor / Atlantic CityClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is seeking a QHSE Advisor for a 1-year contract in Atlantic City, NJ.
Role objective / Success criteria / KPI
- Main scopes of work to be involved with: Onshore/Nearshore Construction activities, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Support package leadership as SME and create working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Field observations to ensure all work is in accordance with the Safety Policy and Work Rules
- Provide weekly summaries of project safety activity, observation data and corrective actions completed or recommended by close of business on Friday for that week
- Project QHSE Manager and Package/Construction Manager at relevant project sites, are supported as needed
- Good cooperation and Lessons Learned sharing with other QHSE Advisors across regions and departments
- Applicable QHSE targets & KPI’s for project is met
Key responsibilities / Tasks / Deliverables
- Participate actively in continual improvement of protecting people and the environment in the projects
- Support Construction Manager and Package/Project Managers in managing QHSE risks related to the awarded contractors in the Execution Projects as delegated by the QHSE Project Manager
- Support the Onshore construction Projects in having a risk-based approach to ensure high QHSE standards are embedded in business
- Contribute to:
- QHSE risks related to the assigned Projects are managed to be as low as reasonably practicable
- Key Performance Indicators for QHSE performance, for the assigned Projects are below target
- Daily reporting of, following up on or investigating of QHSE related cases or incidents
- Ensuring all cases are adequately followed up and close out is achieved in a timely manner, with shared learnings communicated to all relevant stakeholders
- Creating a strong QHSE culture by taking a proactive lead in engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Creating a site culture of using and maintaining relevant processes, procedures, and instructions in the management system
- Creating a proactive culture of monitoring employees and contractors’ QHSE performance
- Establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders in relation to QHSE
- Create a good QHSE reporting culture through leading by example, raising awareness, knowledge sharing, and lessons learned (registration and implementation)
- Monitoring, evaluation, and assessment of Contractors' QHSE behavior and performance using incident reporting tool (Synergi) for reporting, trend analysis etc.
- Conduct regular QHSE inspections using e.g., the Digital Inspection Tool (DIT) and report potential quality risks.
- Participate and contribute to all relevant site and project QHSE meetings
- Carry out routine investigations as per process
- Other tasks as required and directed by the Project QHSE Manager
- Coordinate with vessel inspection and marine specialists for the reinstatement of the quay sides and pontoons for onshore const.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) of managing HSE risks
- Handle and provide advice on HSE issues related to projects including, but not limited to, HSE risk management, competence and training, environmental management, HSE targets and initiatives, management of (sub) contractors, incident management and legal compliance
- Support the Projects with quality related tasks upon request from Project QHSE Manager. The tasks can include, but is not limited to:
- Quality Reviews on sites by validating if Contractors are following the procedures and checklists as referred in the Inspection Test Plan (ITP), if requested by the QHSE Project Manager
- non-conformity reporting, by following up on corrective actions
- Facilitation of regular QHSE meetings with Contractor and package representatives
- Review of Risk Assessed Method Statements (RAMS)
- Compile and maintain a site specific HSE plan for onshore site activities.
- Compile and maintain an emergency response plan for site activities.
- Operational HSE Assessment
- Perform HSE induction of onshore construction team
- Perform QHSE presentations at kick off meetings
- QHSE walk reports (e.g., using DIT)
- Entry of incidents and proactive measures in Synergi
- Other deliverables and as per Offshore (Q)HSE Risk management processes and AP QHSE Management
- Minimum 5-10 years’ work experience with QHSE, ideally from relevant fields of industry (i.e., construction, infrastructure, offshore, energy and infrastructure industries)
- Relevant academic or technical background, e.g., BSc in an Occupational HSE and/or engineering type field
- Completed NEBOSH General, Construction certificate or ASP/CSP level, or similar recognized (Q)HSE qualification
- Have the Global Wind Organization Standard Basic Safety Training (BST), and USCG Medical and or Oil & Gas UK medical certificate (incl. Chester step test) or equivalent, or have the ability to pass same
- IT literate (Microsoft office package, knowledge of Synergi is an advantage)
- Union construction experience
- QHSE degree qualification on Diploma or BSc level preferred
- Experience with Quality management preferred
- Experience with Environmental management in a construction or offshore environment preferred
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2023