Contract: Safety Advisor III / CalgaryClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The highly valued Oil and Gas Client is seeking to add a Safety Advisor III to their team on a long term contract based out of Calgary, AB. This role requires travel, for the most part it will not be outside of scheduled hours, may be potential overtime. 5/2 schedule.
Job Title: Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental - Safety Advisor III
Provides safety / health support to the site leadership team and the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) ) Contractor's organization. In some cases, responsibilities may extend to other Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental (Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) ) issues, status, and metrics.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and update safety standards, instructions, codes, and formalize them into company documented practices as required.
• Review designs for new projects and upgrade of existing facilities for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
• Respond to emergency situations and incidents either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
• Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations.
• Act as a mentor to other loss prevention professionals.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent preferred
• Demonstrated work experience in construction safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
• Extensive knowledge of security processes and procedures
• Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
• Prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment required
• Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods
• Demonstrated ability (through past project successes) to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
• Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
• Must be fit for duty for a construction field environment (examples include uneven, unpaved walking surfaces, large structures that are accessible only via ladders or stairs, standing for extended time periods, climbing, bending, walking, reaching, and other physical demands)
• Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations with limited amenities) with changing priorities
• Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
• No training will be provided (other than the company's specific safety standards and procedures) Calgary based with travel May need to be flexible on weekends (travel dependent) This assignment could possibly be extended beyond 1 year
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022