Operations Engineer / Sutton
We are sourcing a Project Operations Engineer on behalf of the client, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services, on a permanent basis in Aberdeen.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Project Operations Engineer (POE) assists the Project Operations Manager (POM) in planning the activities related to Operations during GPC&AP Projects and Tenders.
The POE may cover a lead role in tenders depending on experience. The position involves the effective administration, planning and execution of operations, through the coordination of a multi-disciplinary effort. This role suits those with a passion for being on the front line and making things happen.
The POE is accountable to the Project Operations Manager (POM) for the safe and efficient execution of all agreed scopes during projects, in accordance with planning constraints, associated cost envelope and quality requirements.
The POE is also accountable to support tenders for GPC&AP interfacing with the Tender Lead, Logistics, Planners and Estimators, Engineering, Fabrication, Pipeline Group and SCM in order to produce the required deliverables for the leanest and most efficient offer.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Prepare, review and comment Technical Documents (procedures, drawings, rigging and sea fastenings design, schedules, etc…) to support operations.
- Participate to the definition of the required offshore spread for the project/tender including construction vessels, support and transportation vessels.
- Liaise with SCM to select 3rd party vessels and operations related services and assets by preparing SOWs and reviewing technical offers.
- Participate to installation feasibility reviews and HIRAs and provide operational input to the Engineering and Planning functions.
- Support the POM in all the vessels readiness activities:- drive and monitor the progress of Marine Assurance on assigned vessels.
- Review vessels POBs (including project personnel and 3rd parties) and organise the manning of chartered vessels with the support of Crewing.
- Responsible for ensuring that the installation spread has full support, in terms of Logistic, Transportation, Safety, & Certification etc.
- Support the POM in developing the baseline Project schedule.
- Ensure 3rd party services costs and planning are tracked and monitor their cost base.
- Assist Project/Field Engineers on vessel readiness and during mob/demob activities.
- Plan and coordinate activities in yards and at quaysides to deliver the assigned scope.
- Ensure that project equipment is mobilized/demobilized in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Supervise material tracking activity through the project's material tracker, and ensure equipment inspection, readiness, delivery, tracking & demobilisation.
- Liaise with the in-country team to ensure operations are planned and run efficiently.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the logistic support activities, (Freight forwarding, Shipping, OPL), through the in-country logistic organisation.
- Support HSE initiatives/activities to ensure that the work will be done safely and efficiently. Provide input to the Project Operations Debrief Report and to the lessons learnt.
- Identify the key Operations deliverables and establish the platform to support an effective tender submission through development of the schedule, cost comparisons, vessel and personnel operational requirements.
- Liaise with the Pursuit team and the Tender Lead to develop the tender operational strategy.
- Coordinate and consolidate all inputs from multiple disciplines (Engineering, SCM, Fabrication, Operations, etc…) to support the development of the operational planning.
- Think out of the box to improve the offshore schedule and make the most of the constraints.
- Define requirements and produce SOWs for 3rd party vessels and assets chartering/hiring.
- Support the estimators in producing costing for the tender and its options.
- Liaise with Engineering and VOMs to define vessels POBs and provide input to Estimating.
- Throughout the tender ensure:- adherence to tendering procedures and processes and maintain traceability throughout the tender and post tender clarification and negotiation phases;- adherence to operations department ways of working to organise the activities and store the tender experience for future use/handover to project team
- Support the Tender Lead with the preparation of presentations for gate reviews with the GPC&AP management team and Executives.
- Support the tender lead and region with the post submission clarifications and negotiations.
- Organise and host meetings with the disciplines to facilitate the offshore schedule review.
- Identify and constantly update the key Operations related risks throughout the tender.
This role suits a dynamic and motivated individual looking for new and diverse challenges to progress their career. The Operations Engineer role is ideal for those interested in working across functions and supporting projects on the field. It gives exposure to technical and practical aspects of the work during execution and strong involvement to the commercial side by budget definition and management in projects and decision making and strategic thinking during tenders supporting the business development.
The ideal candidate thrives interacting with various disciplines, departments and regions across the organisation and with clients, subcontractors and external organisations (local authorities, certifications bodies, etc…) and is keen to gain broad commercial and contractual experience to be able to transition towards package and project management.
The successful candidate shall have/be:
- Extensive offshore experience having worked onboard pipelay/construction vessels (ideally previously Field Engineer or similar).
- Knowledge of subsea construction, onshore fabrication recommended.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to HSE and keen to promote safe practices.
- Skilled in the co-ordination of multiple interfaces across functions.
- A strong work ethic, willing to working in highly changeable environments, meeting tight deadlines whilst delivering high quality outcomes.
- Committed to collaborative working in a multi-location team environment.
- Mobility to travel to all international locations for short business trips or missions.
- Good understanding of the company products, activities and assets.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French/Portuguese would be an advantage.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
* Alliance, Consortium and JV partners, as required
* Vessel owners and certification bodies
* 3rd party subcontractors and local authorities
* GPC&AP P&O and Tendering/Business Acquisition Management
* Project/Tender Managers
* Vessels Operations Managers
- Vessels crews
- Operational basis* Planners* Estimators* Logistics support* Offshore Resources* Engineering* Supply Chain Management