Control System Engineer / Manchester
Job Title - Control System Engineer
The client has a role for a Control System Engineer;
- PLC/SCADA design and implementation
- Safety Systems and Functional Safety (e.g. BS 61508)
- OT Cyber Security
- Hardware and Software Design and Qualification
Qualifications - External
Previous experience of working within Industrial/Process/ Brown field sites is highly desirable though not essential providing that suitable similar experience can be demonstrated.
The candidate shall ideally have experience in a similar role and should ideally be qualified Degree/HNC/Incorporated/Chartered Engineer or be working towards gaining professional status. However experience at all levels will be considered.
You should also be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
* The ability to work with minimal supervision, work effectively in a team and to meet deadlines
* Excellent written and spoken English & effective communication skills
* Professional attitude and a 'can do' approach to problem solving
* Can produce and maintain key deliverable documents/reports, calculations, schedules, etc. to programme and of appropriate quality
* Can liaise and coordinate with other design disciplines and plant engineering as necessary in the production of preliminary and detail design deliverables
* Can support the CE&I design team in meetings and reviews
* Design in accordance with the IET regulations.
* Ideally conversant with existing CAE tools (e.g. Auto CAD, CAESAR, PDMS)
* Fluent in MS Office suite of programmes (Word, Excel etc)