Senior Drilling Engineer / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant overall experience with Operator and/or Well Management company in the UKCS, with a relevant working level at SDE.
* Valid UKCS certification, including IWCF L4.
* Recent UKCS platform drilling and P&A experience (equipment limitations, pit space constraints, etc).
* Extensive ERD experience, both planning and execution.
* Expert Landmark software package user: demonstrating recent experience with casing design, torque/drag and hydraulics modelling.
* Extensive operational experience of managing well challenges, particularly with respect to hole cleaning, unstable shales &/or well bore stability issues, tight windows in shale drilling and management of OBM properties to manage same.
* Experience planning and executing well campaigns with short planning cycle.
* Experience in platform well slot recovery operations.
* Experience in managing service providers, especially in areas of mud systems and cement designs.
* Experience with the UK regulatory and permitting requirements, including preparation of Post-SCR15 OSDR Well Notifications.
* Demonstrable experience of successful performance initiatives and sustainable knowledge/lessons transfer.
* Experience coaching and supervising teams of engineers, both experienced and inexperienced &/or graduate engineers.
* Contract management, contractor performance management and contract tendering experience.
* Operational decision-making experience e.g., out of hours duty and/or Superintendent experience preferred.
* Experience with complex sand face completions, including screen and gravel pack completions would be preferred.