Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Control and Instrumentation Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure Technical competence of Control & Instrumentation Maintenance delivery personnel, interviewing and testing competency.
* Ensure that discipline specific engineering work (OPEX) remains within budget.
* Ensure delivery of a technically correct and timely engineering work (OPEX) service.
* Provide optimised preventative maintenance programmes for Control & Instrumentation equipment and implementing industry best practice.
* Engage and participate in any operational improvement process to optimise discipline specific engineering (OPEX) support.
* Provide discipline input to the 28- and 90-day asset planning process.
* Provide discipline guidance and engineering endorsement to proposed changes to PMRs within the SAP CMMS.
* Represent the company as technical representative for asset support contracts.
* Act as liaison with other disciplines, vendor representatives, and manufacturers.
* Ensure vendors are mobilised on time to meet the asset planning schedule and that vendors mobilise fully prepared to execute scopes of work on time and within agreed budget.
* Assist with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident/incident investigations and root cause analysis.
* Complete assigned actions e.g., ICP, MyHSES etc. by their set due date.
* Provide engineering advice and endorsement of engineering change (MOC), maintenance deferrals, ORA's, etc as per the authorisation levels dictated by the company's engineering standards.
* Responsible for equipment performance including spare part management and warranty follow-up.
* Ensure performance standards are accurate and adhered to via the Inspection, Test and Maintenance programme.
* Actively engage with the site execution teams, ensuring participation in corporate behavioural safety and intervention schemes, work to enhance communication and promote understanding of goals.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Readily accepts personal accountability for assigned activities and tasks and always demonstrates behaviours in line with company's values.
* Significant experience in client/operator relationships and in the management of contractors.
* Ability to resolve complex problems and drives innovative solutions and pace.
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering principles and practical application.
* Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels and encourage a team ethos across core crew and subcontractors.
* It is an expectation of the business that the job holder maintains and continues to develop the competencies necessary to carry out the role to the required standard whilst in position.
* Brings groups of diverse individuals together.
* Challenges, supports and inspires others to achieve their full potential and continuously develops by seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders.
* Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy. Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk.
* HNC / HND - With extensive Control & Instrumentation Engineering experience
* Professional accredited Engineer
* The job holder must possess extensive knowledge of Engineering technical practices and legislation.
* Considerable relevant experience of the oil and gas industry predominately gained in an engineering and production operations environment.
* Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK oil and gas industry regulations, in particular Control & Instrumentation Regulations.
* Familiarity with quality process and application of continuous improvement tools is desirable
* Knowledge of all forms of engineering documentation.
* SAP Experience, particularly SAP PM, although other CMMS will be considered.
* BOSIET - Preferable but not essential
* All company's mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training usually provided annually.