Senior SHE Advisor - ESG & Climate Policy Specialist / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior SHE Advisor - ESG & Climate Policy Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Providing climate policy implementation advice to management team.
* Ensuring SHE Department is aware of company's climate policy reporting and data management
* requirements, and has necessary systems and tools to meet them.
* Ensuring SHE/SG data required for company's and Corporate Reporting is gathered and analysed within the required timeframes;
* Working with other business functions and operations to coordinate the collation of accurate SHE/SG
* Data, identify and support the closure of any data gaps.
* Analysing SHE/SG data to identify common issues and drive performance improvement.
* Oversight and assurance of SHE data for internal, external and regulatory reporting.
* Supporting the development of the SHE Management System policies and procedures.
* Develop, implement and maintain SHE/SG data management and reporting processes to meet legal and company's reporting requirements.
* Provide data and guidance to Operational and Functional TLs and Advisors in regard to their areas of responsibility, allowing them to effectively understand data, and the actions required.
* Provide internal assurance and oversight of GHG/emissions data management process, and lead GHG Verification process.
* Produce SHE/SG reports in line with the Company and regulatory reporting schedule.
* Co-ordinate preparation for company's Annual SHE Review, and Annual EMS Reporting processes.
* Co-ordinate preparation of corporate reports e.g., Stewardship and Stakeholder Reports.
* Act as Focal point representing the Company on industry forums and networks, providing specialist input advice on specific topics and agreed with Line Manager and update the business as accordingly.
* Lead and support audits and monitoring activities, as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Excellent team player but able to work as an individual.
* Strong listening and communication skills.
* Ability to engage at all levels in the organisation demonstrating collaboration and engagement skills.
* Demonstrates integrity in all aspects of the job.
* Ability to draw out the right answer which attracts the right outcome.
* Promote a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion in line with company's EDI strategy: commit to learning about
* developing inclusive cultures and eliminating blockers to diversity in the working environment.
* Ability to record SHE/SG data and with a high level
* of accuracy.
* Experience of business-critical tools, such as emissions tracking databases and processes, Incident reporting and tracking tools, etc.
* Background in Health & Safety support to offshore energy industry (operators, service companies and consultancies
* Good understanding of the offshore oil & gas regulatory regime.
* Good understanding of SHE management systems.
* Incident investigation skills.
* Experience of Root Cause analysis tool.
* Experience of participation in Emergency Response team
* Lead by example and live by the company's Core Values, Mission Statement and Culture.
* Drive, energy and enthusiasm with a positive, solutions-based approach.
* Ability to identify and implement improvements.
* Formal Environmental or HSE Qualification, or the equivalent vocational training and relevant industry experience.
* Member of appropriate professional organisation.
Open to considering candidates at Advisory or Senior Advisory level.