Accounts Payable Supervisor / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Accounts Payable Supervisor, based in Aberdeen.
- Lead the Accounts Payable team, give direction and allocate tasks to ensure all invoices are accurately processed and paid on time
- Help process invoices against SO/POs in SAP during busy periods
- Input supplier work tickets into Neptune for non-enabled suppliers, checking invoice arithmetic, VAT, backup and approval levels
- Handle complex or escalated invoice queries from both suppliers and within the organisation
- Review reconciliation of the GR/IR and AP Liability accounts
- Upload payment runs to the bank and set up manual payments where required. Only the Seniors and Team Lead have access to upload payments in the banking system.
- Prepare statistical analysis of invoices processed, lost and earned discount reporting and managing outstanding approvals to ensure timely invoice payment
- Processing hedging and FX purchases in a timely manner, including accurate postings in SAP
- Month end reporting activities - issue unapproved invoice report
- Support with system issues for Neptune, SAP and the bank interface
- Ensure any non-automated processes run in SAP e.g. posting invoices for approved service entries, clearing R-blocks, running expenses file for AAB
- Providing guidance to and mentoring lesser experienced members of the team
- Maintain the company expense system assisting with all processing queries. Perform the monthly upload journal.
- Post banking entries daily
- Managing additional pieces of work such as VAT return submissions and Bank Reconciliations
Experience & Qualifications:
- Accounting knowledge an advantage.
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Conversant in SAP
- Demonstrate a proactive, flexible and positive working attitude.
- Shares knowledge freely with others to ensure best practices.
- Demonstrate good teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a close, multi-discipline environment. Maintain positive and tactful relationships with others.