Lead Electrical Technician / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Electrical Technician, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and company's HSEQ procedures
* Ensure asset is operated and maintained in compliance with the Asset Safety case.
* Direct and control all activities in compliance with the company's systems of work.
* Drive improvements in standards, safety and environmental performance & promote a strong Safety Culture.
* Ensure Asset annual safety, production, environmental and operational goals are met.
* Has a responsibility to set the standard(s) & ensure that work is completed in the correct manner.
* Direct and prioritise electrical group activities/expectations for the day in conjunction with the IAPS planning process and as directed by MTL/OMTL.
* Actively supervise safety and environmental critical activity using appropriate tools (Safety Observations, Field Verification etc.).
* Actively coach & develop the operations team primarily to ensure operating integrity but also to provide a stream of individuals with future potential.
* Facilitate maintenance & repair of the facilities in an efficient manner.
* Control all Maintenance activities in accordance with the company's processes & procedures.
* Acting as responsible electrical person (REP), contribute towards safe systems of work - EG PTW, Isolations, WICS, Control of inhibits, Flange management (i.e., maintain records & system in accordance with the procedure).
* Ensure your direct reports maintain competency in line with Competence Management System
* As a supervisor it is expected that you will facilitate forthcoming work identified in the T0-T6 Plan Horizon. To achieve this, you will be required to liaise with Planning and Scheduling roles, TA's, Supply Chain & Logistics to ensure work activity is resourced (Labour /materials /support/information) effectively, collate lessons learnt & feedback to ensure continuous improvement. Your Team leader should be working in the 7 - 14-day window and technicians are provided with a 7-day schedule for execution. Responsibilities include review of the T0-T6 window for readiness, using our Gate Criteria or, for complex scopes, a Plan Assurance Review.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Have a recognised electrical engineering qualification (OND / ONC/ HNC/HND).
* Experience within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industries.
* Be a leader through demonstration of positive leadership and people skills, led by example.
* Capable of delivering on commitments, and working unsupervised
* Good existing network of contacts across onshore & offshore
* Able to mediate / facilitate across a broad spectrum of groups to deliver a timely fit for purpose solution.
* Have an appreciation of all other disciplines/ roles
* Completed competencies required within the company Competence Management System
* Be trained and deemed competent as an Assessor within the training and competency process
* Ability to stand-in as Maintenance Team Leader/Maintenance Supervisor
* Awareness of the company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of the company's Values & Business Principles