Contract: Assistant Accountant / PerthClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||Competitive Pay rate|
The roles supports the timely processing and delivery of finance transactions across multiple areas, which may include: banking, costing, accounts receivable, fixed assets, joint venture accounting, management accounting, financial accounting, and general ledger reconciliations.
Duties & Responsibilities: Working from Woodside's state-of-the-art building in Perth CBD, you will work closely with various finance teams, supporting transactional activities. Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines;
- Ensuring work is compliant with all statutory requirements, including tax, SOX and audit compliance and Woodside Code of Conduct; and
- Ensure effective record keeping and audit trail of business records and communications.
Skills & Experience: To be successful in this role, you will need demonstrated experience in an accounting / finance / bookkeeping capacity. A working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP would be highly advantageous.
Accounting qualifications are not mandatory, although you may be studying towards an accounting qualification or professional certification.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Statutory Accounting – preparation of subsidiary statutory and management financial statements, preparation of all related Board of Directors documentation, and planning and coordination of statutory financial statement audits;
- Lease Accounting – contract reviews and assessments, monthly reporting, and period end close activities;
- SOX activities – SOX control compliance, and SOX control testing support;
- Intercompany Accounting – intragroup capital flow accounting, intercompany invoicing and clearing, and period end close activities;
- Banking, payments and cash accounting – managing bank accounts, daily bank reconciliations, bank register maintenance, cash reporting, processing of payment runs and manual payment requests, manual journals, open item management and preparation of regulatory reports;
- Accounts Receivable – generation of sundry sales invoices and credit notes, accounts receivable accounting, period end close activities, debtor follow-up, and reporting;
- Cost Accounting – cost allocations, cost allocation cycle maintenance, tariff journals, periodic costing process integrity and reasonableness reviews, period end close activities, and coordination of month end timetable
- Fixed Assets – creation and maintenance of fixed asset master data, processing of asset transfers, disposals, retirements, impairments and revaluations, preparation of monthly documents and commentary, periodic asset reviews and period end close activities;
- Joint Venture Accounting - generation of joint venture billing and cash statements, preparation of joint venture reconciliations and joint venture partner financial statements, processing of non-operated joint venture billing statements and cash calls, period end close activities, and processing of required adjustments;
- Management Accounting and Period End Close – preparation and processing of accruals and month-end journals, preparation of monthly workbooks, general journals, secondee invoicing, and expenditure reports, co-ordination of master data setup and edits, primary cost and trial balance reviews, financial statement analysis, and period end close activities;
- Payroll and regulatory returns – payroll processing and accounting, payroll tax preparation and payments, and preparation and filing of governmental surveys;
- Royalty Accounting – preparation of monthly royalty returns, processing of royalty payments, and provision of royalty audit support;
- Employee Expense Management – administration of employee corporate cards, management of employee expense queries, employee expense program and credit card support;
- Master Data Management – creation, validation and maintenance of costing and general ledger master data;
- General Ledger Reconciliations – preparation of balance sheet reconciliations as well as supporting data and evidence
1 role immediate for 12 months
1 role in October for 10 months
1 role in November for 9 months
Number of Positions: 3
Roster: Perth office hours
Size of Team: 36 Assistant Accountants.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022