PV/BESS Snr. Project Manager / Reading
Role Title PV/BESS Snr. Project Manager
Line Manager Head of Project Delivery
Location Anesco HO
We are proud to be market leaders in our chosen areas of expertise, we embrace innovation, we are focused, and we strive to be the best we can be.
With a global focus on climate change, there has never been a better or more exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net-zero.
Our company Values
We know how important it is that we respect and support one another, and work in collaboration as one team.
We are one team, building trust and enduring relationships with our colleagues, customers, and suppliers. We champion renewable energy and are committed that we have a safe environment in which to work, but also looking after our local communities where we work, causing no harm to our environment.
We truly value and understand the importance of people in our organisation and is reflected in our achievement and retention of the Gold Standard - Investors in People accreditation.
Come join us on this incredible journey.
Due to Anesco's phenomenal growth, we are seeking a Projects and Engineering Project Manager to join our expanding Development team. The postholder will act as the subject matter expert, developing and overseeing the delivery that contributes significantly to supporting Anesco's growth plans.
In this role, the individual will own the relationship with the relevant, providers and will work in partnership with Anesco internal departments and the wider EPC delivery team to ensure appropriate support. The technology in which we use is diverse and varied and is critical to Anesco's approach.
The individual will be a key member of the team and will have a significant role in building and maintaining our 'best in class' capability for the Anesco business, as well as safe and reliable management for our customers and merchant assets.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
A critical role within Anesco, an important and senior role within the well-established EPC Projects department of Anesco, leading on projects across the UK and Europe. The role will cover a broad range of tasks including.
- Quality assurance in accordance with Major Projects procedures and expectations.
- Understanding site drawings, SLDs, datasheets, programmes, and workflows.
- Responsible for on-site HSE Conditions throughout the project.
- HSE compliance monitoring, and HSE training.
- HSE and performance reports and HSE incident investigation across sites.
- Reporting/flagging HSE issues to the Anesco leadership team
- Monitor subcontractor performance in line with project programmes.
- Working on sites across the UK
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licences
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
Skills & Competencies
- Site Management experience and Stakeholder management support from a site level.
- Managing Performance Levels of contractors
- Following Work Scopes
- Completing appropriate Permits to work
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Analytical & Detailed reporting
- Self-motivated and objective-driven to meet project deadlines within budget and project specification
- Managing multi-discipline, multi-national workforce in daily activities.
- Fully conversant in completions and all project requirements
- experienced in Quality Initiatives, Problem Analysis and Resolution.
- Self-driven, ability to work autonomously and with minimum supervision.
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Works well under pressure, achieving tight deadlines within a sometimes-demanding environment.
- Excellent communicator - clearly and effectively liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Always upholds the reputation and values of the company.
- Commercially astute, able to identify key value drivers.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the "big picture"
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
Qualifications & experience
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field or proven track record in delivering renewable or infrastructure projects from cradle to grave (build and HV / LV systems)
- Technical or business skills
- Risk assessment and Method statement training
- Proven supervisory experience with a multi-skilled team.
- Previous experience working within the renewable energy sector.
- Health & Safety - Following HSE Practice \Quality Standards
- Good knowledge of ground-mounted PV and ESS building methods and regulations.
- Driving licence (over 21+ years for vehicle insurance purposes)
- CSCS Cardholder
Within our delivery team, we have a work hard, play hard Ethos and pride ourselves on our approachable attributes and the high standard of service and installation we can provide to all our clients. The team is collaborative and focused on delivery and plays a big part in Anesco's growth plans as we accelerate the transition to net-zero carbon emissions.
We hope you can join us on this incredible journey.