Grid Connections Manager / ReadingClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Role Title: Grid Connections Manager
Line Manager: Head of Engineering
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date the company has constructed over 100 grid scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and manage are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change there has been no better or exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net zero.
Our company Values
We are proud to be market leaders in our chosen areas of expertise, we embrace innovation and are focussed, striving to be the best. At Anesco we are one team, building trust and enduring relationships with our colleagues, customers, and suppliers. We champion renewable energy and are committed to causing no harm to people or the environment.
A critical role within Anesco, leading the Grid activities for the connection of Battery Storage, Solar Farms and Wind Farms to the Distribution Network, Transmission System or a private connection, ensuring all compliance activities are completed and the optimum equipment is chosen. Provides the required governance, assurance, and management of external contractors.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Project managing the Grid Connection activities across multiple parallel projects at voltages ranging from LV up to 132kV on various DNO networks.
- Review of 3rd party engineering reports for connection activities as an expert.
- Review DNO connection offers for their technical and commercial requirements
- Engage and appoint ICP (Independent Connection Providers) and design consultants for the contestable works and power system studies.
- Assist in the development of project programmes using MS Project software.
- Support the procurement activities of the equipment required for the private balance of plant and contestable works.
- Liaise with suppliers and sub-contractors for the works and have significant knowledge to supervise, coordinate and monitor the work to the required quality.
- Assist the legal team with obtaining consent (wayleaves, easements, leases etc.).
- Work directly with the DNO and TSO to understand connection options, delivery and outage timeframes and management of the connection risks with the relevant service operator.
- Co-ordinate and approve all required power system studies and have significant knowledge of compliance requirements e.g. G99, P28, G5/5, Earthing, etc.
- Provide technical support to clients and the Anesco team to deliver projects on time, quality, safety, and cost on contestable and non-contestable works.
- Work closely with the construction Site Manager and ensure H&S requirements are followed by obtaining RAMS and Lift Plans where required.
Skills & Competencies
- Significant knowledge and experience with HV/MV grid connections, power system studies, standards, regulations, and requirements, either from a DNO or ICP background.
- Proficiency in industry-standard electronics and mechanical engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of Grid Code and compliance requirements.
- Experience in Distribution Network Operator (DNO) connections, testing requirements and design implications.
- Experience in Health, safety, and environmental risk management processes.
- Expertise in design risk assessment and mitigation.
- Project Management experience and ability to run a contract.
- Proficient using the standard Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and MS Project).
- Transmission System Operator (TSO) connection and testing requirements and design implications.
- Battery and Solar knowledge of the HV systems and specific connection requirements for each technology.
- Design and engineering knowledge relevant to grid-scale solar PV and Battery Energy Storage (BESS).
- Awareness of relevant industry standards including safety, environmental, EMC and endurance factors.
- Entrepreneurial - self driven and comfortable with a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Resilient - Used to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- A natural collaborator, keen to add value to the wider business and built strong client relationships.
- A positive and pro-active problem solver.
- Able to inspire and motivate a team of technical experts.
- A true team player - fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- A strong organiser and tenacious leader, creating structure and clarity for both colleagues and clients.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- IOSH Managing Safety preferable.