Contract: Senior Electrical Engineer / CalgaryClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The valued client, a large Oil & Gas company are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join her Calgary team on a long-term contract basis.
About the role:
About the role:
- The Electrical Engineer is responsible for design or design oversight of all electrical equipment and systems required by the project they are assigned to.
- Confirms cable and conduit/cable tray schedules are complete and accurate.
- Confirms cable schedule are using cable types consistently to avoid unnecessary variations and checks for code and specification compliance.
- Confirms format of schedule is consistent with other projects and spot checks for code compliance.
- Assist the Project Development group in establishing the engineering design scope of project & DBM.
- Provides oversight on discipline specific design (sometimes at ESP office) quality & progress.
- Reports issues of concern back to Lead Oversight Engineer.
- Facilitates the necessary engineering information needed by Project Manager to submit regulatory applications.
- Assist in the procurement process; reviewing equipment spec sheets, technical bid reviews shop visits and inspections.
- Monitors discipline specific deliverable quality and schedule.
- Monitors ESP's adherence to their quality program.
- Looks to optimize the design through Value Improving Practices process simplification, design to capacity, value engineering and RAM studies (Reliability, Availability & Maintainability)
- Participates in HAZOP and other Hazard reviews.
- Liaisons with other functional Business Unit departments; Operations, SCADA, Regulatory, Environmental, Process Safety, Health & Safety, Lands, Stakeholder Relations, Measurement & Allocations and Communications.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years engineering experience in a related field
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022