Contract: Senior Mechanical Engineer / CalgaryClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The valued client, a large Oil & Gas company seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their Calgary team on a long-term contract basis.
About the role:
About the role:
- Reviews piping and equipment layouts to confirm they meet the applicable codes, design guidelines and best practices. and spot checks for code compliance.
- The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design or design oversight of all mechanical equipment and systems required by the project they are assigned to.
- Participates and supports constructability reviews with construction group.
- · Assist the Project Development group in establishing the engineering design scope of project & DBM.
- · Provides oversight on discipline specific design (sometimes at ESP office) quality & progress.
- · Reports issues of concern back to Lead Oversight Engineer.
- · Facilitates the necessary engineering information needed by Project Manager to submit regulatory applications.
- · Assist in the procurement process; reviewing equipment spec sheets, technical bid reviews shop visits and inspections.
- · Monitors discipline specific deliverable quality and schedule.
- · Monitors ESP's adherence to their quality program.
- · Looks to optimize the design through Value Improving Practices
- · process simplification, design to capacity, value engineering and RAM studies (Reliability, Availability & Maintainability)
- · Participates in HAZOP and other Hazard reviews.
- · Liaisons with other functional Business Unit departments; Operations, SCADA, Regulatory, Environmental, Process Safety, Health & Safety, Lands, Stakeholder Relations, Measurement & Allocations and Communications.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years engineering experience in a related field
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022