Contract: Production Revenue Accountant / CalgaryClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The valued client’s Production Revenue Accounting department is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to join their team as a contractor. This a 1-year contract based in Calgary, AB.
As a Production Revenue Accountant you will be reporting to the Manager and Production Revenue Accounting team. The team is responsible for calculating and reporting production and revenue monthly data along with submitting volumes to the Petroleum Registry monthly. The Production Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of the property accounting cycle, which includes volumetric submission, gas plant allocations, Crown and GORR reporting, analysis of properties and royalties on an ongoing basis and ensuring government and contractual compliance. The Production Accountant will liaise and handle queries with operations, marketing and field staff and auditors. A minimum of 7 years’ experience in production accounting is ideal.
- Gathering, balancing, and analyzing production inputs.
- Sour Gas Plant allocation, 3rd party splits, and pipeline splits.
- Timely Government reporting including submission of pipeline splits, volumetric, SAF/OAF report.
- Responsible for calculating complex fee structure as outlined JV contractual agreements including Greenhouse Gas Fees.
- Gas Plant sweet and sour fuel allocation.
- Processing Revenue, fee, and royalty’s transaction in our client's Production Accounting (PAS) and Financial System (SAP).
- Upload 3rd party back-up into EnergyLink, and address any EnergyLink queries assigned to Production Revenue Accounting.
- Trending of Gas Plant recovery, volume, and revenue.
- Review CAI Monthly report and complete assigned EPAP controls, and address triggers that can be resolved and/or work towards a solution with Operations.
- Maintenance of master files based on physical flow, equipment, and schematic as per Directives and contractual agreements.
- Maintenance of royalty encumbrances.
- Preparing the monthly standard journal voucher for assigned areas.
- Reviewing of accounts receivable and completing account reconciliation for assigned area.
- Responding to queries from operations and field personnel to improve processes and data integrity within the team.
- Interacting with partners, royalty owners and marketers while responding to any inquiries in a timely manner.
- Responding to audit and Joint Venture queries for their area.
- Supporting a continuous improvement culture within the Production Revenue Accounting team.
- Processing full cycle Amendments.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Completed CAPPA. Knowledge of field operations would be an asset.
- Strong gas plant allocation experience.
- Strong knowledge of Directive 17 regulations.
- Minimum of 7 years of production accounting experience in oil and gas would be preferred.
- Experience with the following systems: PAS, Petrinex, PVR, Energy Components, Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), SAP and QBLM (experience would be an asset).
- Post-secondary education in the field of finance and/or accounting would be an asset.
- Experience with systems conversions.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
- Team player with a proven ability to perform well under pressure, meet deadlines, think independently, and demonstrate sound professional judgement.
- Must be eligible to live and work in Canada.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022