Arbetsledare - Tunnel - Gothenburg/Varberg / Sweden, EuropeClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
You will have the chance to work with a team of experienced civil engineers who are recognised market leaders in the tunnelling industry. The client is active globally and is currently involved with some of the most prestigious projects in Sweden, such as The Stockholm Bypass and The Metro Expansion.
The opportunity is for a major tunnel project that is due to last until 2025. As well as tunnel excavation, the project also includes bridge construction and rail track installations. Your role will focus on the main tunnelling works. You will be reporting into the tunnel production manager, overseeing excavation, documentation relating to production and coordinating the team of tunnel engineers.
This is a permanent role for a main contractor who focuses on career progression for all their employees. You will consistently have the opportunity to develop and work your up way to more responsibility. This is a great opportunity to work alongside some of the most experienced specialists in the industry and play a significant role in one of the largest projects in Sweden right now.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Technical Tunnel Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Influential character, being model to staff
- At least 10 years of experience in the infrastructure field
- At least 5 years similar experience in projects execution and drill & blast excavation
- Strong command of Swed?sh and English language
- Strong time management
- Communication & Representational skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of all operators on the project, including maintenance of staffing levels, training and monitoring staff capability and performance.
- Carrying out various administrative duties, staff time sheets, shift rota, annual leave etc.
- Reporting into the Tunnel Production Manager including incident analysis and performance indicators.
- Monitor and manage the Airway radio usage within the Tunnel ensuring the highest standard of radio discipline is maintained at all times.
- Promoting company values in all dealing with other employees, clients subcontractors and all external contacts.