Contract: Planner/Scheduler lV / EdmontonClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client, a large Oil & Gas midstream company, is currently seeking a Planner/Scheduler lV, based out of Edmonton AB. This is a long-term contract, with possibility for extension, subject to start end of June or early July and end next year June 2, 2023. This is an office-based role, 3 days office and 2 days optional remote work from home.
- Assigned to projects of more than $50MM/year with multiyear duration with an extreme level of complexity.
- Expert user of Primavera P6 software.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in project planning and scheduling and considered an industry leader in the field.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
- Progression to this level represents a candidate who would be suitable for transitioning to a full Project Management role.
- Teaches project controls theory across functional areas in Major Projects.
- Ability to give clear direction and support to Project Execution personnel.
- Leads project teams.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills/facilitation.
- Competency Demonstration: Seen as a Project Controls expert across Major Projects department.
- Can troubleshoot specific controls issues and make applicable changes.
- Decision Making: Capable of making sound judgments, which are reviewed, but which are usually acceptable as accurate and feasible.
- Considers project impact and effects of decision/solutions.
- Supervision: Work is assigned in terms of objectives, relative priorities and critical areas that impinge on work of other units.
- Work is carried out within broad guidelines, but informed guidance is available.
- Leadership Authority: Assigns and outlines work; advises of problems; reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
- As part of our goal of ensuring a safe working environment, all contingent worker suppliers must have and adhere to a COVID -19 Testing Policy that contains at a minimum the requirements set forth in the company contractor COVID-19 Testing
- Education / Experience: Post-secondary education
- Engineering P.Eng (or its equivalent). 10+ years working experience, including 2+ years of relevant construction or project experience.
- Must be a proven high performer, based on prior performance reviews.
- Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP)
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022