Contract: Buyer I / EdmontonClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is seeking a Buyer I for a contract until the end of the year in Edmonton, AB.
Responsible for processing purchase order requests for materials and services and procuring them in a timely and cost-effective manner meeting business requirements and specifications. Reviews and analyzes purchase requisition requirements and acts as a liaison between the end user, Supplier, Project Manager or Engineer as required.
- Review and process purchase requisitions for goods/services and ensures compliance with purchasing procedures and requisition requirements.
- Submit RFQ’s to suppliers/contractors that have MSA and/or T&C agreements.
- Interact with Suppliers, Contractors, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Consultants and other department personnel regarding requisition requirements, procurement procedures, approvals, order status and follow-up.
- Maintain records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines /SOX requirements.
- Build and maintain relations with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Release reviewed and approved purchase orders to suppliers.
- Validate and execute change orders related to material or services issued as per the requirements and requisition of the stakeholder.
- Validate and reconcile supplier invoices, manages invoice resolution and corresponds with supplier/contractor, Accounts Payable or stakeholder regarding invoicing discrepancies.
- Complete all required close out activities for materials and services and works with internal and external stakeholder to validate closeout.
- Other duties (in addition to or in lieu of those described above), as assigned by people leader according to the needs of the location or Company.
- University degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, Economics or related field
- Previous related experience within Supply Chain as a materials/services buyer
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Basic understanding of supply chain concepts including and understanding of the current market conditions, key suppliers, industry knowledge and materials or service being procured (basic materials to complex services).
- Ability to effectively communicate within a team environment.
- Ability to influence stakeholders/customers without authority.
- Possess a “sense of urgency” and ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Knowledge of Procurement processes/policies such as SOX policies.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures and industry trends.
- General knowledge of legal terminology including standard contract terms and conditions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrates integrity, ethical behavior, trust, safety, and stewardship
- Desktop application skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel, MS Power Point and SharePoint.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022