Contract: Cost / Schedule / Controls Engineer / Specialist III / CalgaryClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The O&G Client company is currently seeking a Cost / Schedule / Controls Engineer / Specialist III, based out of either Calgary or Edmonton AB. This is fly in & fly out rotational role, flying out from either Calgary or Edmonton flight hubs and going up to Kearl Site, with the schedule being 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off. This a contract role with potential for extension, starting June 1, 2022, of this year and ending next year June 1, 2023.
The Cost/Schedule/Controls Engineer will perform or coordinate effort for cost estimate preparation, estimating oversight and quality assurance reviews for Company operated and Other Builder Operator estimates for all Gate and Funding milestones. The Cost/Schedule/Controls Engineer will also prepare Check Estimates and Schedules to compare with Operated by Others (OBO) Operator-prepared submittals. Also, this person will participate in estimate / Schedule assessments (verification of project cost & schedule bases). Lastly, they are expected to participate in Estimating Group process efficiency tools and quality assurance review process improvements.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining change control, cost reports, etc.
- Work with project estimator, planner and scheduler and Client’s accounting staff
- Coordinate and assemble the monthly progress reports
- Work closely with client’s project manager and team leads for regulated and non-regulated accounting reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within discipline or equivalent professional experience
- 20+ years of experience working on projects
- Skills to negotiate and broker successful solutions between Internal Coordination parties above
- Advanced level proficiency in Cost Estimating, Project Planning and Project Controls
- Strong Influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize, plan, control, coordinate, and effectively manage cross-functional activities
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022