Contract: Geoscientist / South East LondonClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||South East London|
To develop and evaluate prospects through interpretation of geological and geophysical data and identify/promote areas for New Venture activities. Working scale can be either regional or local depending on the need. Key responsibilities cover the following areas:
- Interpretation of Geophysical and geological data.
- Prospect generation and evaluation.
- Identification and evaluation of areas for New Venture activities.
- Planning/preparation of geological/geophysical work programmes.
- Identification and application of the best geoscience evaluation techniques.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To interpret geological & geophysical data in order to identify and define play concepts, geological models, facies distribution as well as define and evaluate prospects and leads.
- To evaluate previous geological and geophysical interpretations and reports and literature relevant to project area, recommend and plan further work to achieve project objective.
- .To evaluate risk and volumetric potential using Eni’s standard tools and procedures.
- To collaborate with other members of the team, both internal and external such as specialists of the Corporate Technical Services or Contractors, and to participate in the project discussions and synthesis of the overall results.
- To recommend reprocessing or acquisition of new geological and geophysical data or special studies to contribute to achieve project objectives.
- To contribute to the design and plan geological and geophysical work programmes within budget constraints for Eni operated areas, ensuring the final product matches the original specification.
- To ensure Partners’ geological & geophysical work programmes in non-operated acreage are technically sound and are completed to the required standards and within budget constraints.
- To present technical work to Eni Management and Partners.
- To prepare reports and data packages and participate in the assurance reviews defined by the Eni Exploration MSG process (technical and economic validation).
- To prepare reports, presentations and data packages for partners, authorities and government agencies.
- To propose exchange of well and seismic data with other oil companies and, after approval, carry them out.
- To identify and promote potential new areas for Eni investments through analysis and interpretation of regional data.
- To contribute to New Venture Activities and Licence Round Applications.
- To keep abreast of developments in geological & geophysical acquisition, processing and interpretation techniques, in geoscience and regional geological knowledge, monitoring technical literature and participating in seminars.
- Mentor and develop members of the EXP team – students and interns.
- Monitor developments in CCS geoscience, and flag any developments that could be applicable to Eni’s CCS projects.
- Develop knowledge of subsurface factors that determine the suitability of a reservoir for CCS. Familiarise and take an active interest in Eni’s CCS projects.
- To ensure full adherence to the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment policies, procedures and standards.
- To fully comply with Eni Code of Ethics and Compliance Model.
- To fully comply with the HSE Critical roles should your position contain any HSE Critical tasks / duties. Please refer to the UK HSE IMS C1-SYS-01 – HSE Critical Roles – accessible via the Eni UK Intranet
- Liaises with Exploration Teams regarding regional studies.
- Liaises with Reservoir Geologists/Engineers.
- Liaises with Corporate Technical Services Geoscientists.
- Liaises with Partners.
- Liaises with consultants.
- Liaises with contractors.
- Liaises with professional associations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Petroleum Geoscience
- Previous relevant experience as a geoscientist with an E&P company
- Competent evaluator of geological and geophysical data
- Proficient/highly skilled in use of G&G technical Workstation/PC applications
- Knowledge of seismic interpretation and geophysical techniques, prospect generation, structural geology, salt tectonics, sequence stratigraphy, sedimentology, with expertise or specialist knowledge in some areas.
- Knowledge of the UK Continental Shelf geological province and DecisionSpace software will be beneficial.
Demonstrate Eni Model of Excellence
- Innovative and self-directed problem solver.
- Good analytical skills, good level of presentation and reporting skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to learn quickly and work in a team.
- Use of independent thinking, use of initiative and creativity.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022