Operations Geologist / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Operations Geologist, based in Aberdeen.
* Manages the communication/inter-face process in relation to operations geology issues between Asset teams, Drilling teams and service providers.
* Develops and maintains highly effective relationships with internal and external contacts.
* Ensures adherence to SOR, Well Planning Package and drilling programmes or provides advice on necessary revisions to the plan, based on data acquired or operational difficulties. As appropriate, ensures all plans and programmes fully comply with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements.
* Procures and manages the activities of wellsite geology personnel. Acts as the key contact for wellsite geology personnel and ensures effective communication between onshore and offshore teams.
* Reviews daily geological reports and wellsite geologists log, ensuring a high quality of reporting is maintained.
* Provides initial interpretations of geological data.
* Coordinates the preparation of and revision to pre-drill Well Planning documents in conjunction with asset teams.
* Preparation of formation evaluation Mudlogging, LWD, wireline and coring programmes in conjunction with asset teams and service providers.
* Ensures the quality of mudlogging, wireline, LWD and coring data acquisition, daily reports and end of well reports.
* Maintains Company`s daily operations geology records in well file.
* Produces daily operations geology summary report for all current wells.
* Distributes geological data to JV partners and statutory authorities. Acts as the key contact for external parties in relation to data.
* Completes WONS submissions for Initial Drilling Applications, Full Drilling Applications, Sidetracks, Completions, Well Tests and Abandonments.
* Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies in support of company's objective to be an industry leader.
* As appropriate, checks and approves invoices, etc. for services provided and ensures expenditures are effectively managed, controlled and monitored.
* Prepares and evaluates tenders for operations geology services. Supports the contractor management process by developing highly positive relationships with contractors and suppliers and ensuring delivery against KPIs/scorecards/FPAL.
* Participates in the on-call rota for all Wellsite geological operations and rig calls.
* Makes visits offshore during wellsite geology activities for technical meetings and to enhance onshore-offshore company-contractor relationships/communications.
Experience & Qualifications:
* A Master`s degree in Geology or related discipline
* Experience in Operation Geology roles
* Highly operationally focused with ability to adapt to a variety of rig operations
* Commercial awareness/Understands project financing/cost control principles
* Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience from UK Southern North Sea required
* Educated to degree level, ideally with an MSc in a relevant discipline.
* Broad subsurface knowledge of the UKCS with previous experience of drilling in the UK SNS
* Experience of working in an E&P operator and as part of joint venture groups.