Contract: Planning Analyst / Canada
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
The client, a large Oil and Gas Operator company, is currently seeking a Financial Planning Analyst to come work, based out of Calgary AB, for a duration of approximately 12 months. The position is targeted to start right away and the schedule is a Monday – Friday, 8 hours daily, working schedule.
- Working closely with our operating divisions, corporate groups and executive management, the incumbent will be the main contact for stewardship and tracking of Capital across the North America organization.
- Preparation and consolidation of the annual Work Plan and Budget, transition to a New Budget and Reporting system, budget controls and project lifecycle management.
- Responsible for overseeing the entire North America Capital program, including planning, approval, stewardship and tracking for North American Operations.
- Complete monthly analysis of Oil Sands and North American capital expenditures and prepare materials for month end North America Leadership Team reporting package.
- Prepare presentations for executive management and headquarters.
- Supporting the planning, preparation and consolidation of the annual North America Work Plan and Budget.
- Completing monthly Budget Controls including submitting funding applications to headquarters.
- Support the implementation of the New Budget and Reporting system (Tagetik) including loading Canadian capital data and reconciling North America data to SAP.
- Support the Project Lifecycle Management process including project creation, supplements, closures, and settlements.
- Completing monthly, quarterly and annual project KPI reporting.
- Provide monthly project cost reports to non-operated JV project managers.
- Ensure all accrual processes are properly executed and results accurately recorded;
- Prepare month end SOX requirements such as Accounts Reconciliation.
- Ensure that all the depreciation is posted and recorded in appropriate accounts.
- Provide ad hoc and standing reporting requests to headquarters.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Finance or Accounting
- Working towards or completion of Accounting designation (CPA or CFA) program.
- 1-3 years’ experience of upstream petroleum industry experience would be an asset;
- Highly proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience working with SAP and BI/BW, specifically SAP Project System Module would be an asset
- Ability to quickly understand and conceptualize business requirements
- Strong work ethic with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must possess strong financial and analytical skills.
- Proactive initiative to document and improve work processes.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent coordination, collaboration and communication (written and oral) skills, with the ability to converse with multiple disciplines.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022