Contract: Mechanical Technical Authority (Static Equipment) / AlgeriaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The Mechanical Engineer responsibility is related to the integrity of all static mechanical components associated with the Facilities Integrity Management Standard. The Mechanical Engineer is the client for the assurance processes, which mainly are covered by the Integrity Engineer. The Mechanical Engineer shall evaluate the recommendations provided through the assurance processes and initiate compensatory measures in order to meet the requirements of the FIMS.
The Mechanical TA's responsibilities span all static mechanical equipment covered by the FIMS. This
includes, but is not limited to:
- Static pressure containing equipment like vessels, reboilers, heat exchangers, pipes and pipe fittings.
- Valves (all valves apart from control valves, chokes and solenoid valves)
- Static parts of fin fan coolers
- Lifting equipment
- Act as Lifting TA through a Competent Person.
Custodian of documents:
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Procedure,
- Flexible Hose Integrity Management Strategy
- Tightening of Flange Bolts
- Pressure, Leak & Service Testing
- Management of Pressure Safety Valves
- Pressure Vessel Repair Plan
Required General Skills
- Proposes Innovation and non-standard solutions to problems
- Good decision-making capability (takes account of broad implications of decision)
- Business awareness (understands commercial drivers)
- Partnership and teamwork (communicate well; keeps informed)
- Capable of leading and training people