Contract: Clinical Data Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Chaska, Minnesota, USA|
|Salary:||Up to USD520 per day|
Clinical Data Engineer
Remote position (can be worked from anywhere in the US!)
6+ months initial contract
Hourly Rate: $65/hr
The client is seeking an experienced Clinical Data Engineer to work with their Data Analytics and Science Team in California. This position can be worked remotely and is open to US candidates in any time zone.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving technical execution and helping create a best-in-class data & analytics organization. You will work with various stakeholders both inside and outside the organization to execute on our research initiatives.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data requirements for ML, Data Science and Analytics projects.
* Assemble large, complex data sets from disparate sources, writing code, scripts, and queries, as appropriate to efficiently extract, QC, clean, harmonize and visualize Big Data sets.
* Write pipelines for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python, SQL, Spark, AWS, and Azure 'big data' technologies.
* Identify, design, and implement continuous process improvements such as automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery.
* Document data processes, write data management recommended procedures, and create training materials relating to data management best practices.
* Previous experience performing data engineering tasks on RWD/RWE projects involving Electronic Medical Records (EMR) data
* Experience with defining clinical protocols to collect RWD
* Fluency in Python with strong knowledge of standard data science toolkits
* Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
* Familiarity with healthcare data standards, data ontologies, toolchains, and operating procedures
* An associate who is independent, self-motivated, and eager to excel in a goal-oriented and multi- faceted work environment.
* Someone who embraces uncertainty and thrives by driving to clarity in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate project goals, timelines, and key milestones, and accomplishments to stakeholders.
3 MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Experience with processing (quality control, normalization, harmonization) EMR/EHR data into analysis ready datasets
2. Experience to automate the data processing by building data processing pipelines (preferably via Python)
3. Understanding of common clinical data standards and ontologies (eg SNOMED, OMOP, CDISC, LOINC)