Contract: Medical Technician / USA
|Location:||Chaska, Minnesota, USA|
|Salary:||Up to USD176 per day|
Medical Technician - Part Time
Hourly Rate: $22/hr
Hours: Evening Part Time: Split Shift (5:00-10:00 PM CST) M- F
The client is seeking a Medical Technician to work with the Systems Engineering group, a department within their Immunoassay Instrument Development Team in Chaska, MN.
* The incumbent performs high throughput assay reliability testing and instrument maintenance as defined and planned by the supervisor
* Reviews test results
* Documents system issues and failures
* Maintains well organized laboratory records in compliance with relevant procedures
* Work as part of teams to support pre-launch development of new system (hardware/software/regent) designs.
* The position will involve operating a large pool of automated medical diagnostic instruments, and managing their configuration status; keeping records associated with the configuration and maintenance of these instruments
* Managing a system for controlling the usage and scheduling of laboratory instruments and equipment; and participating in the organization, maintenance and support of a busy R&D laboratory (roughly 10% time).
* It will also entail following existing experimental protocols that use automated immunoassay instruments to generate data; retrieving and organizing data for analysis; and performing limited analysis of data under guidance of a supervisor (roughly 90% time).
Candidates must have:
* Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing task environment and with variety of tasks.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team environment.
* Ability to problem-solve.
* Ability to multi- task.
* Experience working with automated laboratory instruments desired.
* Good laboratory technique with some analytical expertise.