Contract: Project / Facility Engineer / South Holland
The client have a current opportunity for a Project / Facility Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in The Netherlands. For further information about this position please apply.
They are looking for a Project / Facility Engineer for the Projects and Engineering department.
The Project/Facility Engineer coordinates and prioritises (in close cooperation with the Project and Engineering Team and the Project Managers) the required development engineering support. The Project/Facility Engineer will lead on all Topsides aspects to meet the requirements of the Energy Major Projects Process to ensure project compliance throughout the development process. The development project will include project related to the energy transition such as offshore hydrogen production and Carbon Capture and Storage.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all engineering contractor topside studies including supervision of assigned engineers.
- Lead & coordinate (pre-)development studies.
- Manage all the interfaces with the appointed engineering contractor.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure all relevant matters are addressed in during the engineering.
- Be the Technical Point of Contact for the topsides scope including engineering, design, procurement, manufacture, fabrication, construction and commissioning.
- Manage production of Pre-Project and Project Basis of Design and ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the document. Ensure adequate review and approval by the Engineering Manager.
- Manage the development of any Statements of Requirements or Contract Scopes of Work relevant to executing engineering work.
- Manage the delivery of engineering scopes (internal and external) to meet the level of technical maturity required.
- Ensure HSEQ process and procedures are followed.
- Work with the wider project team and any external partners to ensure all interfaces are managed for the success of the project.
- Oversee critical external scopes including those associated with other Operators, service providers, equipment providers etc. during engineering, design, testing and delivery.
- Liaise with head of Engineering and relevant TA's on any TQ's and Deviation Requests.
- Advise on engineering resource requirements to deliver the project.
- Assist in the development of the project schedule and report progress against the plan.
- Capture, record and implement lessons learnt where appropriate.
- Identify key risks and seek ways to mitigate them as required.
- Identify Management of Change issues and support the Project Manager in justifying and implementing change.
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring relevant project tools and systems are utilised (i.e. PIMS Actions, PIMS Risk, Decision registers etc.).
- Coordinate all relevant disciplines.
- Ensure alignment to Governance and assurance processes.
- Provide required data for approval of investment decision, internal approvals and partners/operators approval.
REQUIRED COMPETENCES/ QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / PROFILE
- MSc. in petroleum, offshore technology or relevant engineering
- Management training
- Min. 10 years' experience in project delivery in the upstream oil and gas industry, min. 5 years from E&P company
- Experience from development of major projects in an E&P company
- Excellent knowledge of rules and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of development process
- Excellent knowledge of engineering standards, practices & procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong HSE leadership skills
- Fluent in English
The client is looking for candidates based in The Netherlands.