Contract: Research Scientist / USA
|Location:||Torrance, California, USA|
|Salary:||Up to USD320 per day|
6+ month contract
Hourly Rate - $40/hr
The position of Research Scientist, Biologics Sample Preparation Product Development is a tech lead of Sample Prep/SPE product development initiatives for Biologics (mAbs, Proteins, mRNA and other biologically derived therapeutics). Working with assigned members of the R&D and Marketing team, the position will focus on projects to enhance, or investigate new and/or existing separation products and technology in the Biologics field. This may include working with a team of synthetic and analytical chemists to develop new, SPE, Immunoassay, and other sample preparation or separation science consumables, as well as taking sole responsibility for developing new development, and analytical techniques used to create or improve products and technology. This role will also include support of new and existing products through application and applied technology work, in order to produce literature, seminars, publications, and training.
* Study and understand sample preparation methods and problems within rapidly growing and/or relevant strategic areas of biologics in order to drive and direct development efforts, in line with company goals.
* Research, develop and present solution-oriented separation and sample preparation methods for key workflows within biologics research, based on company technology and products.
* Effectively lead research projects within R&D, including proper planning, daily benchwork, control and completion.
* Support technical, QC, and manufacturing personnel in the transfer, optimization, scale- up, quality control, and troubleshooting of all new production methods and SOPs.
* Maintain detailed, accurate, legible records of all experiments, and graph all relevant trend data along with the appropriate controls and blanks.
* Maintain all instruments and equipment in excellent condition, keep all work areas neat and clean, and follow all safety procedures without exception.
* Work with R&D, Sales and Marketing to launch and promote new methods and products to the scientific community.
* Perform other functions required for the development, commercialization and/or support of new products, as required.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
* PhD or equivalent in Biochemistry/biology/chemistry or related field with min. 3 years focus on mAb and/or protein therapeutic research.
* Over 2 years hands-on experience in the extraction, clean-up, or enrichment of mAbs/Proteins utilizing immunoassay technologies required, with understanding of both upstream and downstream purification strategies.
* Experience in SPE, Immunoassay, and sample preparation automation for Biologics.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
* Demonstrated experience in LC/MS of mAbs, proteins and peptide digests.
* An aptitude for modification of equipment or instruments to meet study goals.
* Able to rapidly refine tech/marketing info through literature reading and form ideas/protocols to present to team.
* Excellent working knowledge of current instrumentation, robotics, and automation is desired.
* Strong ability to think "outside the box" and apply your skills creatively to solve real-world sample prep/chromatographic method/application problems.
* Outgoing personality with excellent English and presentation skills, and a love for public speaking.
* Able to work independently with minimum supervision.