Contract: Software Development Engineer - Senior / USA
|Location:||Miami, Florida, USA|
|Salary:||USD392 - USD400 per day|
Software Development Engineer
Part Remote and Part Onsite (Hybrid role) in Miami, FL
Hourly Rate: $49/hr
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm EST, M-F
The client is excited to present a new Sr. Software Development Engineer position in Miami, FL.
They are seeking someone with hands-on C++/C# programming skills and design experience. This person will be responsible to design, develop, and troubleshoot full stack web applications that customers will interface with.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Be a key contributor in the software engineering team that develops software for commercial, medical devices
* Prototype, design, implement and maintain software applications.
* Participate in cross-functional project teams to resolve software issues.
* Work in an obeya environment with cross functional teams on new product development while adhering to software development processes.
* Write technical specifications for interfaces and testing.
* Work using Agile development principles.
* Report status in daily management.
* Participate in sprint planning and sprint demos.
* Participate in book clubs and contribute toward next generation software design.
* Be a technical team lead for the software group.
* Bachelor's degree in software engineering, Computer Science or related field with no less than 7+ years of experience, or Master's degree with 3+ years experience in a software industry
* Experience architecting, designing and developing .NET-based solutions and experience with C#, UWP, IoT Edge, CI/CD and Docker containers
* Experience in Agile development processes and philosophies
* Experience with unit testing and mock object frameworks
* Experience with dependency injection principles
* Experience with OOD and SOLID design patterns and principles
* Experience with software security principles Preferred Qualifications
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment where continuous improvement is a way of life
* Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal direction.
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience in IoT, Azure IoT Edge, IoMT is a plus
* Experience in software code management specifically Git and Gitflow a plus
* Experience with cloud technologies is a plus
* Test Driven Development and Pair Programming experience is a plus
* Understanding of software development processes for a regulated environment (ISO9000/FDA) is a plus
* Good leadership anchors experience is a plus