Contract: Shutdown Coordinator / AlgeriaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||GBP545 - GBP595 per day|
Shutdown Coordinator - Algeria
We have a current opportunity for a Shutdown Coordinator on a contract basis. The position will be based at Gas Processing Facility in remote Algeria on 28/28 rotation.
The primary accountability of this role is the identification, coordination, and monitoring of all issues which have the potential to impact the successful delivery of shutdown activities.
The Shutdown Coordinator shall act as a central point for all shut-down activities and issues, defining the most appropriate shutdown contracting strategy and coordinating between all departments (Engineering, Inspection, Production, Maintenance, any project team and Contracts & Procurement) and disciplines as required to ensure safe and efficient shutdown completion within established completion targets.
- *Coordinate shut-down activities to ensure successful planning and execution
- Set and gain approval of the shutdown drivers, schedules, and scopes of work as required
- Identify and assure the availability of the necessary resources from within the organisation and via existing contracts to deliver the planning and execution phases. This includes defining contractors' scope and shutdown sequence.
- Ensure appropriate development and delivery of shutdown terms of reference and milestone plans
- Develop and maintain a risk register, which captures all HSE and Business risks as appropriate
- Develop contingency plans for all major risks
- Develop support contracts as required for potential assistance during shutdowns. Identify areas of need for specialist support and associated contract requirements and ensure once identified this support is resourced to meet the requirements of the planned shutdown and the optimisation of this specialist support once mobilised.
- Ensure materials and personnel are available onsite at the commencement of shutdown. Maximise preparation for operation equipment and personnel availability to enable Shutdown targets to be achieved.
- Work with Shutdown Planner to develop and deliver a detailed execution plan identifying sequence and priorities as well as critical path for all scopes. Ensure stakeholder alignment with plans as required
- Set/agree on performance metrics, to include HSE, Schedule, Work scope, Budget, Quality
- Collaborate to prepare the final budget of the shutdown
- Monitor/report against performance metrics and lead appropriate interventions using lessons learned
- Ensure appropriate communication and consultation with all internal and external stakeholders
- Assure adherence to the relevant Safety Management Systems
Required Skills & Experience
- University Degree (Bac+5) preferred - Relevant discipline
- Demonstrated success in delivering large and complex projects/shutdowns
- Significant industry experience in a relevant function, including experience in a supervisory position
- Strong career history working on similar operated producing projects
- Previous rotational and Joint Venture (JV) working environment experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff and influence peers
- Computer literate, including experience with Primavera P6 / MS Project.
- Knowledge of Algeria contractors' market (relevant companies, costs, risks, etc) would be a definitive advantage
- Fluency in English and either French or Arabic at a minimum conversational level is required.