Lead Completions Engineer / AlgeriaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||GBP85000 - GBP95001 per annum + plus generous staff benefits|
Lead Completions Engineer
The client has a current opportunity for a Lead Completions Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Algeria on a 28/28 rotational basis.
Provision of completion and well operation designs, planning, programming, and operations management, promoting techniques and strategies that optimise asset value and enhance life of well performance.
Targets efforts to ensure that all wells are designed and delivered in accordance with local statutory requirements and corporate policies, standards and procedures, whilst driving excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental performance, technological innovation and continuous performance improvement. Mentoring of operational and Well Operation Engineering staff as required.
This position reports to Head of Drilling.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Prepare all well completions, workover and well-service programs in compliance with local statutory requirements and corporate policies, standards and procedures.
- Manage the well planning process and ensure compliance.
- Consider and involve respective disciplines and departments such as drilling, geology, reservoir and production in the well operation process as required.
- Prepare scopes of work and appropriate specifications for procurement of equipment and services.
- Technical lead for assigned contracts. Responsible for managing the agreed relationship with service providers and in setting the KPIs with the Contract Owner and C&P Specialist
- Prepare scoping, budgetary, AFE level completion & well operation costs. Monitor field costs & analyse variances.
- Monitor/measure performance against expectations. Analyse variances and act as a focal point for lessons learned.
- Effective liaison and communication with the subsurface and drilling & wells management teams.
- Implementation of lessons learned system and championing of all performance improvement initiatives applicable to well completions performance.
- Maintenance and up-dating of completions, workover and well-services documentation and data.
Required qualifications and experience
- University Degree (Bac+5) - Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or similar.
- IWCF Well Control Certification (Level 4) - Rotary or Well Intervention
- Previous experience in completion, well test and stimulation, workover engineering, well life cycle integrity and site supervision - preferably in onshore well operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French.
- Demonstrated capacity of teamwork in multinational teams with different cultures. Demonstrate with the team analytical competencies.
- Able to work with respective Landmark Products such as Stressheck and WellCat or similar.
- Will be required to achieve and maintain appropriate competence in with CASMAX® competency profile.