FPU Procurement Lead / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
FPU Procurement Lead
The job holder will primarily be responsible for procurement activities related to the FPU package for the project.
During the initial phase of the project focusing on FEED activities, they will manage, and coordinate activities related to:
- Engineering Contractor procurement planning and preparation
- Monitoring the procurement plan and reporting thereof
- Liaison with HQ procurement branch
- Monitoring of the procurement cost forecast
- Liaison with respect to planning interface between Engineering contractor and Construction Contractor/s
The Job Holder manages the sourcing of tagged items procured by the Engineering contractor:
- Serve as Company's primary interface with engineering contractor related to procurement of all tagged items for the projects floating production unit
- Work with engineering contractor to ensure RFQ standard documents are in place including requirements to address operational and maintenance agreements by Company directly with vendors
- Work with engineering contractor to align sourcing with HQ established market sector strategies.
- Links plans to Long Leads requirements
- Work to ensure approved vendor list is utilized, updated and ensure that additions to AVL are assessed within the prescribed quality framework
- Advises on major procurement related risks for project.
- Co-ordinates scheduling and approvals required as part of project contracting governance process
- Assist engineering contractor in negotiation and execution of purchase orders
- Ensures transparency of contracts administration process, including preparation / representation of documents for claim negotiations, arbitration, mediation or litigation forums.
- Ensures proper closeout of contracts, including management of: bank guarantees, retentions, claim resolutions, financial payments, post appraisals, etc.
- Promotes achievement of Safety
- Promotes compliance with Company's Code of Conduct.
Degree in engineering or Business.
Demonstrated ability to negotiate varied and complex contracts with a wide range of contractors and vendors, with a minimum of 10 years experience in procurement of oil and gas equipment and services. Previous experience in similar role within large scale project.
Required Skills /Certifications:
- Negotiation skills, - Knowledge of C&P tools
- Excellent organizational ability and commitment, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Good team player: willingness to help, confidence and competence to deliver.
- Good knowledge and appreciation of critical business support activities (legal, commercial, economics, finance, insurance, tax, JV management …).
- Job holder must have superior written and oral communication.
- Flexibility and pro-activeness are requested.
Fluent English required.