Logistics Coordinator / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Fort Worth, Texas, USA|
The Logistics Coordinator role is the main focal point for all logistical functions, including domestic trucking and international shipping, along with a supporting role for all Supply Chain Functions.
- Process all Logistics activities as directed by management, but coordinated by the team, ensuring work is carried out in a timely & cost efficient manner, including speeded responses to any invoicing queries.
- Import/Export coordination, processing and tracking for all orders, expedite vendors as/when required.
- Bidding Out for new and improved freight quotations and services by driving cost reduction via an Internal Bid Table Process.
- Maintain electronic job files and archiving system
- Continually improve and review all costs and negotiate with suppliers to lower rates
- Report KPIs on a monthly basis with particular attention to job margin and on time delivery
- Maintain and manage the approved vendor listing where appropriate - including vendor qualification
- Develop strong vendor relationships
- Maintain logistical services to all external suppliers ensuring containers are available as per manufacturing and shipping schedules, and space allocation is available on vessels
- Implementation of Customs related processes and procedures ensuring continual updating of change, with awareness sessions being provided to relevant individuals
- Implementation of Trade Compliance related processes and procedures ensuring continual updating of change, with awareness sessions being provided to relevant individuals
- File and maintain all import and export logs in order to withstand any query or scrutiny by Internal or External Financial Audits and Controls.
- Maintain company logs and trackers to provide instant visibility on all logistical movements to all relevant departments. (i.e. Sales, Customer Services & Projects, etc)
- Regularly conduct Procurement or Inventory and Inventory Count Support Duties as & when required.
- Liaise closely with our Workshop Staff to ensure prompt receipts and despatch of goods
- Any other reasonable departmental tasks as instructed by your Supervision and/or Line Management
- At least 5 years' experience in a logistics based role.
- Experienced in price negotiation, logistics and order planning.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work.
- Demonstrate competency in IT application tools, especially Outlook and Excel
- A good standard of secondary education
- Previous experience in a logistics position within a global oil service company.
- Previous experience of ERP Systems, (Epicor E10 familiarisation would be considered beneficial)
- Exposure and experience in the requirements for the occasional shipment of Dangerous Goods Cargo (e.g. Chemicals, Lithium Batteries, etc)
- DOT HazMat Employee Course
- Problem solving approach and a 'get it right first time' attitude
- Commitment to continuous improvement in job scope
- Demonstrate good communication skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure of a high and varied work load, tight deadlines and changing job priorities
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the job role and have a desire to build and maintain high level of professional relationships with clients.