Contract: Industrial Area HSE Supervisor / Uganda
Duration 24+ months
Status Rotation 4/4, and additional necessary adjustments as required by sanitary conditions (CV19)
* Support the HSE Superintendent on site ensuring that the Construction Contractor is fully conversant with all Company project HSE related standards and procedures.
* Undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the Construction Contractor and intervene as appropriate to ensure that activities progress in line with the project schedule and with due respect to HSE requirements.
* Demonstrate commitment to HSE excellence through personal conduct.
* Attend Company/Contractors/Subcontractors HSE meetings and any other meetings as required
* Liaise with contractors' HSE personnel and project team
* Review and comment on contractor documentation, method statements and risk assessments, etc.
* Ensure principal contractor carries out audits and monitor reports
* Take part in/Organize audits of installations and operations, check on their conformity to reference documents
* Ensure principal contractor maintains up to date register of site activities including number of personnel on site
* Ensure HSE team Carry out spot-checks on plant, equipment and competency records
* Ensure that personnel meet individual and collective HSE/HSE Trainings and competence requirements.
* Ensure principal contractor promotes a culture of HSE/risk management throughout construction and commissioning works
* Ensure principal contractor implements HSE strategy and processes that represent best Industry practices and are compliant with legislation, Client standards and contract requirements.
* Provide reliable assurance on the effectiveness of the processes for HSE risk management the principal contractor has in place.
* Take part in/Supervise the incident, accident and anomaly investigations and analyses.
* Ensure all Incidents are reported and investigated at a level commensurate with Client guidance
* Ensure the follow-up and execution of actions determined after incident, accident, audit.
* Provide daily HSE reports
* Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as required for the role
* Ensure follow-up of HSE performances and necessary benchmarking
* Participate in/Ensure planning of HSE performance improvement and associated monitoring
* Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) which shall include all contractors HSE information and analysis of HSE performance indicators
* Ensure coordination, reporting and transmission of feedback to HSE Superintendent and Construction Manager
* Ensure that appropriate waste management in being implemented by Company, Project Contractors and subcontractors.
* Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
* Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him/her.
* To act on behalf of the HSE Superintendent in his/her absence if required.
The Service Provider must have the following qualifications:
* HND or equivalent education preferably recognized Safety Course (NEBOSH or equivalent)
The Service Provider must have the following experience:
* Minimum of 12 years of experience in Oil and Gas and Petrochemical industry specifically infrastructure/construction projects, with thorough knowledge on various safety regulations, standards, procedures etc. Candidate must have previous experience in HSE Supervisory role.
* Knowledge of Client group standards and/or previous experience with other major IOC's in large oil and gas construction projects. Good presentation skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Experience in the implementation of behavioural safety systems and analysing the data produced. Understanding of oil and gas production equipment, processes and utility systems
* Experienced in performing HSE audits, inspections and reviews within Project and Contractors. Experienced in investigation, review and analysis of work related accident/ incident including root cause and lessons learned, and ensuring implementation and close-out of preventive and corrective actions.
* Experienced in providing safety training and awareness courses to company staff and Contractors.
* Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. English mandatory.
* Must be able to work on their own initiative and proactively interact with discipline teams to obtain information.
* Must be able to react quickly and decisively to constantly changing demands and circumstances and be able to identify, analyse & solve problems within the scope of the role
* Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company standards.