Contract: SIMOPS Supervisor / Qatar
The client in Qatar have a requirement for a SIMOPS Supervisor to be based offshore on a rotational basis. This role will run up until at least the end of March 2022.
* Monitor and ensure compliance of HSE management plan over the SIMOPS activities planned and executed
* Give support to FO/MP with applicable HSE company rules, procedures and best work practices.
* Assist in preparation of HSE documentations and SIMOPS dossier.
* Conduct and participate in the HSE audits and inspections.
* Conduct and participate in HSE SIMOPS inductions of CONTRACTOR/MP personnel as required.
* Special HSE focus on scaffolding activities + working at height + lifting and rigging activities + Work Overboard and Welding in Habitats
* HSE supervision of the daily activities at the SIMOPS areas.
* Being "visible at Site" and "walking the talk" with HSE as a priority.
* Intervene and report where HSE deficiencies are identified.
* Work closely with the Site HSE Superintendent to promote the achievement of the HSE KPI objectives
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Graduate Degree or Diploma holder with Occupational Health and Safety recognized certification.
* Offshore SIMOPS construction and installation experience is recommended.
* HSE knowledge background of Pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities offshore is recommended.
* Familiar with Rigging & lifting activities,
* Senior in Working on height + scaffolding activities,
* HSE Professional experience with strong experience on similar activities at Oil and Gas EPCIC project
* Knowledge of international safety legislation, codes of practice, etc., audit/inspection techniques and procedures.
* Thorough understanding of HSE management systems and risk management processes.
* Appropriate formal HSE training course (First Aid, Firefighting, Working at Height, Scaffolding, JSA/HIRA, Handling and lifting operation, Radio Protection, POB management, Chemical waste management, Incident investigation …).
* Ability to work in a complex and multicultural environment.
* Strong proactive attitude and ability to intervene over unsafe conditions.
* Fluent in English, good leadership and communication skill.
* H2S OPITO and OPITO T-BOSIET trainings.
* HSE Supervision of the Installation/Hook Up/SIMOPS activities: ensure that the work is carried out in compliance with company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed company priorities and objectives, company standards and procedures and good industry practices.
* Ensure that COMPANY HSE Objectives are well disseminated and HSE actions are in place to meet objectives.
* Promote safety culture within COMPANY personnel and CONTRACTORs as well as the reporting of Safety Observations.
* Follow Permit To Work (PTW) submission and liaise with the PTW Controller on site and anticipate any need and provide safety expertise.
* Verify the safety condition are been fulfilled on site before opening PTW and keep monitoring the safety compliance during the execution of the activity.
* Ensure and monitor the safety of personnel and installations as well as protection of the environment.
* Evaluate/monitor the SIMOPS working conditions related to construction works and assess HSE performance.
* Focus on the early identification of potential problems and propose appropriate solutions to site management.
* Attend/conduct regular HSE coordination meetings with CONTRACTOR/ MP HSE representatives and OIM to discuss and agree on safety standards, concerns and potential hazards.
* Ensure that a risk assessment is performed before each potentially dangerous activity.
* Participate in or organize Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) with CONTRACTORS /MP HSE and Offshore COMPANY representative and request new JSAs if necessary.
* Implement, monitor and report corrective actions further to HSE findings, audits and monitoring activities.
* Assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents to determine their underlying causes.
* Ensure HSE performance monitoring and reporting to hierarchy as necessary.
* Actively participate to all HSE audit/inspection program and liaise with other operational parties for implementing remedial actions to ensure HSE standards are maintained and hazards identified are effectively addressed through an action tracker register.
* Ensure all along the Project performance that H2S and Heat Stress requirements are fully implemented as per company Standards
* Ensure that all equipment in use on SITE are in good working condition and in compliance with COMPANY requirement and industrial standard with valid certification.
* Actively take part of all site and worksite HSE safety toolbox talk, mass safety talk and stand down meeting.
* Conduct or participate in safety induction of personnel at site as required.
* Stop any unsafe operation/situation and report immediately to the Offshore Installation Manager
* Provide daily HSE SIMOPS reports on site surveys and inspections.
* Carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by his hierarchical superiors.
If you meet the above criteria please apply by sending full CV.