Contract: Systems Engineer II / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Brea, California, USA|
|Salary:||USD416 - USD440 per day|
The client is currently recruiting a Systems Engineer IIbased in Brea, CA on an 18 month contract.
Apply knowledge of Human Factors principles (human performance and limitations (perceptual, cognitive, motor skills, anthropomorphic) and techniques (knowledge acquisition, user-interface design, usability evaluation) to systems product development.
- Assist and/or develop the human machine interface for next generation laboratory diagnostics systems.
- Assist and/ or develop User Research studies to identify characteristics of intended users, environments, and critical tasks for design and development of next generation instruments.
- Deliver Usability Engineering Files including, but not limited to task analysis and user error analysis.
- Identify high risk tasks and design solutions to mitigate hazards.
- Plan and execute usability testing (formative and summative), analyze data, document results and present recommendations to product teams.
- Use proven Human Factors Engineering methodologies and tools; recommend changes to improve the overall usability and ensure safe and reliable user experience of systems.
- Apply FDA Human Factors Engineering processes towards the development of medical devices and follow FDA standards and guidelines (e.g. IEC 62366, AAMI HE75)
- BS in Systems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Human Factors, Usability Engineering, Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Industrial Design, Engineering Psychology or equivalent technical degree.
- At least 5 years (or MS+ 2 years) of total experience in software and hardware development of medical devices.
- At least 2 years of relevant UX and/or Human Factors Engineering experience