Inspection Engineer / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Grangemouth, Falkirk, Scotland|
The client specialises in the production of chemicals, leading the market in a range of businesses including plastic and rubbers alongside a fast-growing bio-based business. An opportunity has arisen for an Inspection Engineer to be based on their site in Grangemouth.
You will be responsible for leading inspections plans and their monitoring, on pressure and atmospheric vessels, piping, safety valves, hoses, in compliance with the regulations and the plant asset integrity procedures.
Experience and qualifications:
Mechanical, Maintenance, NDT Engineering Degree with experience
HND in Mechanical, Maintenance, NDT Discipline with experience, preferably within also an upper tier COMAH site and experience as supervisor of inspections jobs (NDT, inspections)
* Knowledge and experience on inspection analysis (for example NDT ultrasonic for thickness and cracks, magnetic particle inspection, die penetrant, RX, PEC, TECA, acoustic emission, eddy current, wave acoustics, floor scanner, metallographic replications)
* Experience of managing and supervision of contractors.
* Use assertiveness if necessary to support the colleagues.
* Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's), and be good at managing stressful situations.
* Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS), experience in a permit to work system and RAMS, ANTEA inspection manager is an advantage (or equivalent IDMS)