Contract: Controls Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
Contract Controls Engineer based in Houston, TX. The Contract Controls Engineer will be required to work on more than one project concurrently, reporting to the NAM Services Subsea Engineering Manager. The position holds responsibility for development, update, testing and maintenance tasks within the assigned projects. This is a services role which requires the ability to work on several small projects at a time working with the client and responding to offshore service issues.
- Perform tasks within the Controls engineering scope for various projects.
- Ability to work with the client and Field Service to respond to offshore issues.
- Regular reporting of individual project progress and resource status.
- Review and technical input of project plans.
- Identification of technical, schedule and commercial risks relating to Controls requirements.
- Assist the Supply Chain Management Function with procurement/sub- contract activities, including variation order requests.
- Preparation and review of requirements, design, interface and test documentation, within company and client defined contractual and quality requirements.
- Generation of work scope/definition and task lists within the Engineering Team.
- Provide technical support and guidance within the Engineering Team.
- Review of individual task solutions, ensuring cross-project standardization and resource optimization.
- Interface with Product group Engineering overseas.
- Have knowledge of HSE requirements and ability to follow policies & procedures and awareness of industry standards
- Display good oral and written communication and presentation skills in English
- Support of technical and project execution audits, both internal and external.
- Participation in project close-out and lessons learned activities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering relevant to position.
- 5+ years engineering work experience within an Oil & Gas controls (electrical and hydraulic) environment.
- Experience in successfully delivering small/large scale projects.
- Ability to travel as required at short notice, including possible offshore support.
- Ability to produce Engineering documents within the Bakes Hughes engineering system.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Production Controls Systems knowledge.
- Offshore trained with current certifications (BOSIET-HUET/EBS).
- Product Lifecycle Management knowledge.
- Deep understanding of Subsea and Topside architecture.
- Cross functional knowledge, Mechanical and Software Engineering to provide support to other team members as required.
- Demonstrate proficient using MS Office applications, MathCad, AutoCAD, CreO/ProE and TeamCenter.