Contract: Laboratory Technician (TC22) / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Carlsbad, California, USA|
Laboratory Technician (TC22) - 935096
The Technician is part of an assembly team responsible for the manufacturing of specific chemistries used in the medical diagnostics field.
This role is critical to the healthcare industry and is critical to allow doctors and lab technicians to quickly and accurately diagnose patients all over the world.
We are looking for talented individuals with the ability to follow complex instructions, step by step procedures with a critical eye for detail and accuracy.
This is an error free industry where lives depend on the quality of our products.
If you want to be a part of a team dedicated to optimizing the quality of care to patients around the world, send us your resume.
The successful candidate will have a natural affinity to detail and process accuracy.
They will be a team player but also able to work independently when required.
They will have the desire to perform quality, error free reagent processing, with ability to document step by step procedures with periodic quality checks.
They will be able to form strong relationships with their managers and peer group to help ensure a healthy and productive working environment.
Daily activities for this role include:
- Buffer/Reagent formulation including mixing, adjusting pH, testing on various equipment including but not limited to spectrophotometers.
- Regular use of computer's for routine tasks, data generation and analysis, time reporting, on line training, email, etc.).
- Keeping work areas clean and safe (Housekeeping: sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc.
- Calibration and regular maintenance of instrumentation.
- Cleaning and assembly of glassware and components used in processing.)
- Environment is a reagent/medical device manufacturing facility with multiple manufacturing lines in two adjacent buildings.
- Associates (AA) degree or basic chemistry laboratory classes.
- Focus on chemical and/or biological sciences preferred.
- Science knowledge of basic lab techniques such as pH adjusting and buffer prep preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year related experience in a GMP/GLP lab.
- Fluent in English, spoken, written, reading.
- Past working experience and knowledge of government regulated working environments highly desired.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, timekeeping, etc.).
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time