Contract: Test Technician II / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||San Jose, California, USA|
Test Technician II - 935031
The Test Technician will need to assemble and test optical and electromechanical instruments in a team environment.
Technicians are accountable for product quality, on time delivery, and all compliance requirements.
This role reports to the Production Manager and will work with Engineering during pilot production to develop manufacturing processes.
Great opportunity to learn a diverse set of instruments, improve problem solving skills and industry leading set of lean manufacturing tools.
- Assemble, align, and test optical and electro-mechanical assemblies and instruments
- Troubleshoot production issues in a manufacturing environment down to the component level
- Report out daily to management on all cell activities
- Identify quality issues and support the engineering team to drive to root cause and counter-measures
- Complete instruments and orders on-time
- Create and update standard work instructions
- Minimum of A.S. degree in Electronics or related technical field. Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- 3 years of experience in the test and production of electromechanical and optical instrumentation
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communication
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment
- Oracle experience a plus
Key personal characteristics:
- Strong focus and pride on quality of work
- Results oriented - has track record for delivering and sustaining results
- Stretch oriented - embraces and thrives on challenge
- Continuous improvement oriented - participates in Kaizens, has familiarity with lean principles and how to apply them to value streams
- Customer Service oriented - high sense of urgency to satisfy customer needs