Contract: Welding / Material Engineering Specialist / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client, a major operator in Qatar, have a requirement for a Welding / Material Engineering Specialist to be based onshore Qatar, for a contract duration of approximately 2 years.
The purpose of the role is to provide materials and welding technical expertise and guidance for all aspects of Jackets and Topsides design, procurement, fabrication, installation and testing to ensure that quality facilities are delivered. This is for a major offshore project.
- Maintain design integrity and quality requirements by monitoring specification compliance and reviewing welding and testing specifications and testing (WPS/WPQR).
- Provide engineering surveillance on ePCI materials selection and welding work processes and deliverables including audit of vendor/subvendor sources and root cause failure analysis.
- Consistently complete ePCI deliverable reviews within contractual time limit. (data sheets, requisition packages, technical bid evaluations).
- Identify and resolve Materials/Welding design and construction problems expeditiously.
- Successfully execute information management requirements throughout project life.
- Apply and capture lessons learned related to materials and welding activities.
- Oversees the Contractor's development of the required welding / material deliverables within the project budget and schedule.
- Facilitates interfaces among the Contractor's organization with respect to welding/material issues for the areas of his responsibility.
- Provides general technical leadership, advice, and guidance as to company practices and expectations. Supervise direct reports within the Structural team.
- Reviews the project job specifications prepared by the Contractor(s) and ensure they are in accordance with Company's Engineering Guides and Design Practices.
- Submits recommendations based on Company operating and maintenance philosophies to project management.
- Participates in inspections at fabrication yards and witnesses acceptances tests.
- Bachelor of Science in Materials/Welding Engineering
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Strong experience in discipline
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
Technical and Business Skills
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by sending full CV