Contract: Senior IS Engineer 30504 / The NetherlandsClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Breda, North Brabant, The Netherlands|
The client is looking for a Senior IS Engineer based in the Breda Area (Netherlands) on an initial 12-month contract.
** Thye are seeking a Senior IS Engineer to join the Global Infrastructure Services group
Main Responsibilities of the role
- Support the Service Owner, peer FTE's, and managed service provider in the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of the technology service, ensuring the offering is aligned with the key principles of service ownership.
- Perform administrative and operational support tasks on VMware and Unix OS platforms.
- Perform operational support as required and systems maintenance in accordance with solutions standard methodologies and Change Management policies.
- Ensure business continuity during critical production issues and ensure the problem management process is optimally followed for root cause, corrective actions, and preventative actions.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation supporting a 24x7 critical environment
- Provides performance analysis and tune systems while utilizing software and hardware tools to identify, analyze, and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting performance
- Identify and evaluate technology/business trends and competing products to improve the product's ability to deliver business outcomes
- Drive continuous improvement in the IS infrastructure processes as well as platform life cycle management in alignment with regulatory and manufacturing requirements.
- Deliver progress reports and presentations ensuring that management is aware of the current status, progress and future needs.
- 15% Travel may be required.
- Educational background in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with virtualization technologies for a global enterprise, vendor certifications preferred
- Experience in running and administering Unix operating systems, and related services & monitoring systems
- Scripting and ITIL experience and running regulated systems (preferably in Pharma sector)
- Working knowledge of Clustering and HA configurations
- Experience working with regulations such as SOX, Information Privacy, FDA cGxP controlled environment and 21 CFR Part 11 regulations
For more information on this role email me for a completely confidential chat about this role and other opportunities using the reference number: 934340.