Contract: Technical Support Engineer - Senior / USClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Chaska, Minnesota, US|
Technical Support Engineer-Senior - 934368
The client is looking for a smart technician with a background in computing or IT to support an exciting R&D project!
This is a hands- on job working with internal customers to troubleshoot and fix issues on a new prototype medical device project.
Their product is an in-vitro diagnostics medical laboratory device, and combines robotics, chemistry, and computing to provide critical test result data to health care professionals.
In this role, you'll work with a group from a variety of different engineering and scientific backgrounds.
You will use your troubleshooting skills to determine root cause of problems, submit issue reports, and deploy temporary countermeasures.
You will use your skills to differentiate software, mechanical, and electrical issues and collect data to assist engineers with identifying solutions.
Additional responsibilities include installing and configuring Windows and Windows-based software, writing issue reports, and collecting reliability data metrics.
Expect to spend a lot of time in our in-house laboratories working directly with the engineering team.
- Respond to support requests
- Troubleshoot mechanical and software issues by reviewing data logs (mostly software issues, but not always obvious cause)
- Write and submit bug and issue reports
- 2- or 4-year degree in Computing, Software, IT, or similar other technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience in software or technical support
- On-the-job experience troubleshooting software issues, especially on systems that include mechanical components.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Good time management and multitasking capabilities
- Computer programming experience (E.g. Java, C#, Python)
- Has worked with medical devices
- Experience with ticketing or issue tracking software (Jira, TFS, Azure, etc.)
- Debugging experience a plus